This is an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Catering Manager with great cooking skills and knowledge to lead a small hospitality focussed operation in a fast paced and vibrant university environment. With a flexible approach to working hours and pro-actively meeting the needs of a busy operation, this is an excellent role for experienced catering professionals with a passion for good food and great service.
· Support the efficient management of the operation which includes hospitality, a dining area and coffee shop.
· Support & effectively lead the team to deliver an outstanding service to customers and students.
· Provide innovative ideas that allow us to be proactive in our service delivery
· Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets with the Catering Manager
· Ensure all food is prepared fresh and to a high standard as per service level agreement, Company policy and current legislation.
· Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
· Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.