This is an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Catering Manager with great cooking skills to lead a catering operation in a fast paced and vibrant environment. With a flexible approach to working hours and meeting the needs of a busy operation, this is an excellent role for experienced catering professionals with a passion for good food, great service and sports.
The role is supporting the Catering Manager to deliver daily fresh food, retail and event services within a brand new state-of-the-art sports centre. In the short time the centre has been open, it has become the “must go” place to eat on University Park, serving freshly cooked, innovative and nutritious food.
This position requires a high degree of flexibility to meet the demand of a busy and varied operation. The café is open from 07.00 - 22.00 7 days a week, so shifts will be on a 5 out of 7 rota, including some weekends and evenings.
· To support the efficient management of a sports café, retail and refreshments, events and hospitality
· To support & effectively build and develop a new team to deliver an outstanding service to customers and students.
· Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets with the Catering Manager
· Ensure all food is prepared fresh and to a high standard as per service level agreement, Company policy and current legislation.
· Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
· Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.