Accommodation Manager - Student Living
This is an exciting opportunity to oversee a property development for student accommodation. As Accommodation Manager, you will work collaboratively with the college to increase occupancy at Christopher Court through the management of key relationships with stakeholders, customers and students.
Christopher Court is a hall of residence directly opposite Sidcup Station. It consists of 168 spacious en-suite rooms with individual study space in a safe and secure environment. Each flat shares a kitchen and social area for six students and laundry facilities are available on site. Managed by Sodexo, Christopher Court enhances the student experience.
This role will therefore suit individuals with experience within student living, property management (PPM), or facilities management (cleaning, reception, security), teamed with a strong customer focus and interest in student welfare and enhancing the university experience.
· Management of the property and customer service delivery, fostering an attitude of service excellence in the areas of security, reception and cleaning. Work closely with the regional team to consistently drive high standards providing a one stop seamless service to all tenants, visitors, stakeholders and clients alike.
· Lead facilities and maintenance teams to deliver an efficient operation and reactive and planned preventative maintenance throughout the year
· Accurately maintain the customer database/ information and provide reporting to management on request.
· Establish and maintain a good working relationship with all relevant University/Institution departments and local competitors.
· Facilitate tenant welfare issues onsite through tenant mediation, university support teams and management support.
· Attendance to emergency situations such as fire alarms and requests for assistance from tenants and colleagues
· Ensure adherence to Health & Safety safeguarding compliance audits and mandatory documentation
· Use of Room Service software to manage tenant accounts
· Liaise with suppliers and contractors to deliver maintenance SLA’s
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
The Ideal Candidate
· Experience of property management (PPM), lettings management and general maintenance (FM)
· Background in student accommodation or equivalent preferred
· Experience with OCCAM an advantage
· Excellent customer focus and passionate about the customer journey and student welfare
· Strong team manager and ability to work with sales and marketing teams
· Commercial and able to manage budgets, rent and debt
· Strong communication skills and organisation skills
· Flexibility to the needs of the business