Description of the Business Line or Department
SG Markets is Societe Generale's suite of B2B digital products and applications for start-ups, corporate and financial institutions.
We are the UX Design team of the Corporate & Investment Banking division. So far with our team of ~20 designers we have delivered over 100 services on the SG Markets platform over 4 years and developed one of the most advanced Design Systems in a Bank. Our mission? To lead change and make great products with a seamless user experience.
Our team structure is flat and transversal – this means that we don't isolate ourselves in a studio, but we're not completely dispersed either. Our flat team structure means that every single person on the team is heard – we don't worry about where ideas come from, we only want to find the best solutions.
We have bi-annual team meetups in Paris or in London and there will be other opportunities to travel to Paris as needed (depending on up-to-date travel guidelines of course!). There will also be opportunities to attend the biggest UX events and conferences. One of the biggest perks of working for a large bank is our perks-at-work scheme – you'll have access to discounts for retail, cinema, hotels, flights, free admission to the V&A and weekly free ticket draws to events around London.
Please check out our design website and our medium blog on the links below:
We're a diverse bunch at Societe Generale and we believe in people as the core to our success. As a result we're committed to talent and recruit regardless of sex, martial or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
We're looking for a talented UX designer who we can make an impact on us, and on the products that we work on. We love diversity and we're open to all backgrounds. As long as you can show us your passion for user experience, your skills in strategic thinking and excellent execution, we would love to have you work with us.
As a UX designer, we'd like you to be able to use research to uncover customer issues, and opportunities. You should be able to use efficient problem framing approaches to solve problems and create products with great user experience.
Summary of responsibilities
What will you be doing?
We want to give you the skills to work on a project end to end – you'll be in constant contact with the Business and Information Technology teams. In the projects, you'll work on the scoping, research, ideation, prototyping and handoff stages. All with a goal of making the best and most easily usable products.
Projects range across brand new products, redesigns of existing systems, individual feature design and one off UX or UI reviews. You'll start on smaller projects while you learn to work with our methodology and design system with your buddy, before we unleash you to eventually lead the design of a full project.
Our work is broad – We know that corporate companies and financial products can seem intense, but in reality this only means that we constantly have to adapt our skills to new areas, which ensures that everyone here has the opportunity to work across a huge variety of financial projects, ranging from trading tools to client onboarding services.
· Communication skills are a must – we have lots of presentations to product owners and users who need to understand the rationale behind your proposals.
· Self-motivation. Although you'll have a buddy to learn from and work with when you arrive, we really value people who take initiative and can be trusted to do things on their own.
· Experience and knowledge designing digital products and systems. Our work is web based so we'd like to see web apps. A big plus would be to see real results from one of your designs that people use.
· An appreciation of complex systems and an ability to understand and deal with data-heavy interfaces. We especially value experience in finance, but it's not essential.
· Ability to deliver production ready mock-ups using tools like Adobe XD and Invision.
· A portfolio of work demonstrating all of the UX and Design skills detailed above.
· Interest in disciplines outside of pure interface design. Our design team has the opportunity to deal with product management, engineering, research, analytics and data science (to name a few), so show us what you're passionate about outside design!
· Although we try and avoid it, there's a lot of ambiguity in design. We want to see you own problems and have a desire to make things better, even when they aren't specifically defined.
· We're completely open to people who have attended boot camps, but we'd like to see that you've taken the syllabus further than just the requirements: what can you show us that's different from the usual candidate?
Why Join Us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000FWJ
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 07/09/2020
Date of publication: 16/07/2020