At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Information Technology division of Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS), one of the three pillars of SG that brings together Corporate and Investment Banking activities, Private Banking activities, Asset Management and Investor Services. Every day our teams are ensuring that we deliver the service our businesses need to compete and serve Societe Generale's clients. Our objective is to deliver great production services in a well controlled and cost effective way, and to deliver competitive application systems that allow GBIS to grow its business in existing and new markets, launch new products and take advantage of new opportunities when they arise.
Description of the Business Line
• The successful candidate will be working within a team dedicated to build and support risk analysis tools, on the whole FIC perimeter: Rates and Credit. Services delivered are position, P&L and risk associated with their financial products on a real-time basis through several applications.
• Exciting opportunity to support the Rates and Credit trading desks acting as market makers on G10 and Emerging markets, and Credit derivatives + Cash market.
• The candidate will be dedicated and sitting close to the Rates and Credit trading desk, she/he will support them in their day-to-day tasks, make sure SLAs are respected and develop new functionalities.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• Supporting Rates, Credit Business with the use of every in-house tools dedicated to booking, pricing, risk analysis, P&L, market making. This role needs a strong appetite in the understanding of the in-house tools and a strong level of communication with the business.
• Strong understanding of Rates and Credit perimeter is key to provide a good level of support.
• Appetency in development: C#, Java, SQL is a plus.
• Business analysis needed for a change management purpose: test, validate, demonstrate to business new functionalities.
Summary of Responsibilities
Rates, Credit Support (80%)
The successful candidate is dedicated and sitting next to the trading team, he will belong to a team supporting Rates and Credit business and will handle every level of support on booking system, risk analysis systems, pre-trade systems used for their desks
• L1 Support: booking issue, system slowness, pricing issue, missing analysis ...
• L2 Support: configurations to setup in risk analysis system, contribution issues in pre-trade tool
• L3 support: risk computation issues, P&L explanation, differences between pricing systems exotic trades
Integration to the global support team:
• Release management with global support team
• Contributes to production incidents, control Tower, production points
Business Analysis, Development, Change Management (20%): the successful candidate will act as a developer / business analyst for change management from business requirement to production delivery
• Contributes to trading business analysis, liaising between trading and development teams to explain and explicit required functionalities
• Appetency in development: the candidate may have to debug, code in C#
• Test new functionalities with dev teams and validate them
• Demo new functionalities to trading and explain system behaviour
• More globally, the successful candidate will be an expert functionally as well on Rates/Credit SG tools ecosystem and will have a strong appetency with debugging, coding and enhance tools features.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.