Description de l'offre
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different
Description of the Business Line or Department
The Fixed Income department at Societe Generale aim at providing a full set of services to Institutional and Corporate clients that will support their investment or risk management targets.
Thanks to market-leading research, engineering, trading and e-commerce capabilities, our clients benefit from strategic insights, flow information, competitive pricing and seamless execution across rates, credit, FX, and emerging markets.
Through packaged trade ideas or flawless execution, we offer our clients the best of our trading and structuring expertise. Our capabilities span from derivatives to government, agency & supranational securities to covered bonds, inflation-linked products and ETFs.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The desk is looking to expand its array of analytical tools. We are looking for a trainee with a high-level of education in statistics and/or data-science to identify ways to improve existing analysis as well as propose modern ways of looking at our market and risk.
Linked to this, the trainee would also work on explaining our day-to-day PnL, with a particular attention on understanding the theta of our positions.
Summary of responsibilities
The traineeship will be in charge of:
• Being the relay between the quantitative research and trading team
• Analysing the desk PnL contributors
• Suggest use of quantitative methods for day-to-day desk activity
• Identifying profitable strategies for the IRS desk
• Implementing the back-testing of these strategies, preferably in Python
• Develop real-time spreadsheet for the monitoring of these strategies
Level of Autonomy and Authority
The trainee will get access to product and risk management knowledge from the market-makers. During the day, their focus will have to be on the market and the trainee is therefore required to be able to work independently and communicate with members of the team if a clear and concise way.
• Machine learning/statistical analysis
• Python programming language competency
• R programming language competency a plus
• Proficiency in using Excel
• Basic knowledge of interest rates swaps derivatives
• Understanding of yield curve construction
• Critical thinking
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Highly motivated, proactive and entrepreneurial
• Team player, proactively shares information and collaborates with others
None specific required, previous experience on a similar position a plus
Masters level with focus on statistics/machine learning
• English required
• French a plus
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.