Description of the Business Line or Department
DCM is responsible for addressing borrowers' needs in raising funding & capital bond transactions in the debt capital markets.
The client base for is financial institutions across the Nordics and UK
In terms of debt origination, DCM's activity covers issuance of bonds of various kinds, including hybrid capital and liability management advisory. DCM's activity also covers transaction management advisory.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
A. Support senior Originators within the DCM team to manage and develop client relationships with Financial Institutions target issuers in the Nordic and UK regions
B. Identify and address clients' needs in terms of raising and managing capital in the debt capital markets on an advisory and execution basis
C. Represent DCM in internal dialogues with colleagues to provide best-in-class advisory to the client base
Summary of responsibilities
1. To effectively cover clients to address their borrowing needs in debt capital markets
· Regional focus to include the following geographies: Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark plus wider UK & Ireland additional focus
· Products to include all bonds across the capital structure (Tier 1, Tier 2, senior bail-inable, senior unsecured, covered bonds) in both public and private formats as well as ABP solutions and derivatives
2. To develop and maintain a track record of winning bond mandates in addressing clients' borrowing needs
· Assist in the profitable and visible development of the DCM/FIN business in the Nordic region as measured by League Table positioning and financial targets as defined in objectives from year to year
3. To assist and oversee the effective and responsible execution of bond mandates
· Assist in the good execution of transactions that fully comply with internal policies and external regulations
4. To promote the development of advisory and product offering in line with DCM's strategy and priorities
· To engage with key stakeholders and experts (including CME, Rating Advisory, ABP, …) in order to develop a holistic advisory approach and deliver strategic and tailor made content and solutions to clients
5. To assist in developing the DCM client base in line with GLFI's and SG Group's strategy and priorities
· Support the development of the business by engagement and alignment with other departments in assessing new client and product opportunities that arise from time to time
6. To represent DCM in internal dialogues with colleagues to provide best-in-class advisory to the client base
· Work in close coordination with other stakeholders in SGCIB in order to promote a high standard of advisory services to clients in order to maximize business opportunities. In particular, this will involve close cooperation with other Business Lines close to DCM, such as SYN, CORI, SAF/AFG (including ADV), ABP, MARK …
Ability to demonstrate desire and interest in the financial markets and core understanding of the DCM role
Degree level qualification preferably in finance, maths, economics, engineering or related
English as core language
Nordic languages ideal but not required
Why Join Us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000FWE
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 07/09/2020
Date of publication: 06/08/2020