Role Dimensions and Responsibilities
· Performing ingestion (Apache Nifi) development and maintenance.
· Developing data extraction industrialization (SCALA/SPARK/SQL)
· Ensuring development around the Big Data components.
· Helping BA with their ingestion troubles.
· Dealing with bugs and production incidents.
· Creating and updating documentation.
· Maintaining and developing playbooks.
· Good experience of development with bigdata technologies and java.
· Should understand the business requirement and implement the best solution.
· Should be comfortable in working with multiple technologies and tools.
· Should have good analysis and debugging skills to troubleshoot the issues.
· Should know at least one testing framework and able to write test cases.
· Best coding practice and design patterns.
· Good understanding of Json and XML technologies.
Implementation Strategy and Support
· Execution as per implementation timelines, scope & costs without any cost, effort or schedule overruns, as per defined and agreed SLAs.
· Help team members in solving their technical issues part of development.
· Execute best practices and processes (ITIL) on production support activities.
Sphere of influence within the organization
The is an individual contributor role within SocGen's Global Solution Centre in India with extensive interaction including day to day business direction coming from the onsite project and business teams, primarily in Paris, France.
Expected sphere of influence and collaboration is expected to be immediate team. Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner in spoken and written business language.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
· 4-6 years of professional experience in a software development.
· Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems
· Knowledge of Agile methodology.
Key Technical Skills:
· Sound knowledge on SCALA/SPARK.
· Good knowledge on Big data ecosystem.
· Sound knowledge on Java.
· Good to know Apache Nifi.
· Sound knowledge on SQL.
· Good understanding of RDBMS.
· Basic awareness of CI/CD.
· Basic Knowledge of Linux commands.
· Good knowledge on XML technology and JSON.
· Knowledge on MogoDB/NoSQL.
Tools and Technology: Spark, Scala, Java, Hive, HDFS, GIT, Apache Nifi, XML, JSON, Sql.
· Conflict Management
· Interpersonal effectiveness
· Learning Agility
· Open mindedness
· Problem solving
Why Join Us
“We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status”
About SG GSC
Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC), a 100% owned subsidiary of European banking major Societe Generale (SG). Our role and purpose is to enable the strategic vision of Societe Generale Group. We are doing this by pioneering cutting edge innovation from Design Thinking to Smart Automation & Artificial Intelligence and applying it to banking. SG Global Solution Centre provides services in the areas of Application Development and Maintenance, Infrastructure Management, Business Process Management, and Knowledge Process Management to Societe Generale's business lines around the world.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000FN9
Business unit: SG Global Solution Centre
Starting date: 01/10/2020
Date of publication: 13/07/2020