If you're into the following challenges: digital, energy transition, diversity/inclusion and you would like to get involved in building the future, you've come to the right place. We are looking for team players, invested people who are able to bring ideas and express their opinions.
Are you looking for a stable company offering international opportunities?
· Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Active in the real economy for over 150 years, Societe Generale employs over 138,000 members of staff in 62 countries and supports daily 29 million clients.
A strong cultural mix thanks to a well-established French company in the Americas:
· Societe Generale opened its first office in the United States in 1938 and in Canada in 1974 and has about 2,500 professionals working in 8 U.S. cities, 3 in Canada as well as in Latin America.
A pillar in the economy which is building the tomorrow's world:
· Societe Generale is not just a financial institution, it is a group that places innovation and sustainable financial practices at the very heart of its culture. The Societe Generale group has made the digital sector a key lever in transforming banking relationships. The 2019 edition of the eCAC40 Trophies ranks Societe Generale at the top rank of the banks that have best evolved in the digital world!
An opportunity to express yourself and get involved:
· Our employees resource groups such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet demonstrate the involvement of our employees for their community.
Did you know? Societe Generale remains open as an essential service during Covid-19! We have adopted a gradual process of reopening our offices, placing flexibility and health of our employees at the top of our priorities.
Use Project Management best practices: identify project scope, define project plan and workload, follow up and report regularly to projects sponsors and escalate issues.
• Strong analytical skills in order to assess processes to identify strengths and weaknesses and suggest new work processes or tools.
• Prepare, edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
• Lead testing efforts, define test conditions, and develop accurate and complete test plans.
• Train users on new business applications and edit user's procedures
• Ensure that issues are identified, tracked, reported.
What if it was you?
• Knowledge of payments processes including, but not limited to, Swift Alliance, FED, Chips, SSIs and OFAC primarily for the USD market
• Knowledge of cash management processes including, but not limited to, projecting EOD balances, reconciling projected vs actual intraday, self-clearer vs correspondent payments
• Knowledge of intraday liquidity regulations and trends i.e. Basel III mandates
• Knowledge of security settlements i.e. DTCC
• Proficient with MS Office Suite (Access, Excel, Powerpoint) Competencies:
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to prioritize work amongst multiple projects
• Good communication and negotiation skills
• Adaptability to changing and growing user needs
• Identifies opportunities to increase efficiency
• Willingly accepts challenging assignments
• Favors solutions that can be re-used by others
• 5+ years experience in a business analyst / project management role
• Experience working in a global banking environment
Why Join Us
A career within the Societe Generale Group is an opportunity to participate in a team effort to build the bank of tomorrow.
Together, let's be the future:
· Commitment to putting integrity at the heart of our businesses
· Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
· Climate commitment
· Citizen engagement
You're not convinced yet? Meet our employees.
Are you interested in knowing more? Click here to find out.
Societe Generale opened its Canadian headquarters in Montreal in 1974 to offer its financial services to corporations, financial institutions and governments. The Toronto and Calgary offices were opened in 1978 and 2006 respectively.
We now employ over four hundred people, both in the traditional banking sector (investment banking, funds and trading activities) and in the field of information technology, with the opening of our SG Montreal Solutions Centre subsidiary which, thanks to its geographical location and its cultural diversity, provides computer support and development for the New York and Paris teams.
Get on board and get involved! We are here to support you !
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000I5Y
Business unit: SG MONTREAL SOLUTION CENTER 2 INC.
Starting date: 07/09/2020
Date of publication: 18/08/2020