Inspection and Group Audit Division (IGAD – comprising General Inspection and Internal Audit) is responsible for Internal Audit activity for the Societe General Group. IGAD carries out independent reviews of operational entities, aiming at ensuring in an objective, thorough and impartial manner the compliance of the Group's operations, the level of risk actually incurred, the enforcement of procedures and the effectiveness and relevance of the corresponding permanent control set up.
IGAD issues recommendations to better manage risks and, besides, increase the efficiency of the Group's activity. The Audit teams cover all the risks of the jurisdictions t
hey are in charge of. General Inspection, besides audit work, develops strategic views and may conduct consulting assignments for all sectors and activities of the Group. In order to achieve their missions, both the audits and the Inspection department work together to an annual risk assessment and intervention plan. Once the assignments have been performed, the teams have to follow up on the correct implementation of the corrective actions implemented by the auditees.
The Audit teams carry out audit assignments aimed at ensuring the effectiveness of the internal control system, specifically:
- monitoring the application of internal or external procedures and regulations;
- assessing the security of the processing;
- the quality of accounting and financial data; and
the alignment of IT systems with the needs of the entity.
• Complete assigned audit work under the supervision of a Head of Assignment.
• Perform other audit related tasks assigned by audit management.
• Performs recommendations follow up under the supervision of Heads of Assignment.
1. Tasks related to Audit assignments:
• Execution of audit work on business audits in the locations covered by the UK regional team.
• Participation in Audit Diagnostic work under the supervision of Heads of Assignment.
• Audit testing in accordance with test plans assigned by Heads of Assignment.
• Document audit issues and all work papers in standard departmental formats and perform operational debriefs to auditees in conjunction with the Head of Assignment.
• Follow up outstanding audit recommendations until implementation.
• Support Inspection assignments, under the instruction and guidance of the assigned Inspector, if required.
2. Tasks related to the Audit Department's organisation and running:
From time to time Audit management may assign specific tasks related to the organization and running of the department, e.g. some projects related to various aspects of departmental efficiency and effectiveness
• Must perform and document all aspects of audit work in accordance with set departmental quality standards and local procedures.
• Perform work to assigned budget and timeframe, or inform the Head of Assignment in advance if this is not achievable.
4. Conduct and Ethical Standards:
• Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk or compliance requirements (e.g. security policies and regulatory requirements).
• Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company's Conduct and Standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates.
• Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny and professional practice standards defined by the IIA.
• You are expected to comply with the requirements of the IGAD Handbook, IGAD UK Local policies and procedures and International Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards.
• All audit staff are required to sign the IIA Declaration of Professional standards and Code of Ethics on an annual basis. You sign to agree conformance to the following rules of conduct:
· Shall perform your work with honesty, diligence, and responsibility.
· Shall observe the law and make disclosures expected by the law and the profession
· Shall not knowingly be a party to any illegal activity, or engage in acts that are discreditable to the profession of internal auditing or to the organization
· Shall respect and contribute to the legitimate and ethical objectives of the organization
· Shall not participate in any activity or relationship that may impair or be presumed to impair their unbiased assessment. This participation includes those activities or relationships that may be in conflict with the interests of the organization
· Shall not accept anything that may impair or be presumed to impair your professional judgment
· Shall disclose all material facts known to you that, if not disclosed, may distort the reporting of activities under review
· Shall be prudent in the use and protection of information acquired in the course of your duties
· Shall not use information for any personal gain or in any manner that would be contrary to the law or detrimental to the legitimate and ethical objectives of the organization
Your career path
You may have the opportunity to join Société Générale group permanently after your VIE mission, without going through the whole recruitment process again .
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.