Travel Company Seeks Accounts Assistant
SmoothRed is one of the UK’s leading wine travel and events companies with specialist knowledge of Europe’s wine regions and a family background in the wine trade dating back over six generations. We are experts in delivering memorable, unique events and bespoke tailor made travel experiences all over Europe and the US.
We are a growing multicultural team made up of sales, marketing, operations and accounts professionals and we’re looking for an accounts assistant to support many of the day to day tasks that help make our finances run smoothly!
This role is suitable for anyone wishing to work in accounts and travel. The successful candidate will primarily support our Accounts Manager and be involved in all aspects of the company accounting and monitoring. You will need to be extremely organised with excellent attention to detail and demonstrate analytical/problem-solving skills. As part of a small, fast-paced team, you will get involved in all areas of the business including the all-important ‘Wine Friday’ weekly team get-together!
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following tasks either on a regular basis or from time to time:
• A range of transactional tasks such as raising and paying invoices and corresponding with clients and suppliers, making remittent notifications, chasing overdue payments and agreeing repayment schedules
• Opening new client accounts, making credit checks issuing credit limits
• Manage the daily accounts on TAS (in house travel software) /SAGE systems
• Frequently ensuring our bank accounts correspond with our in-house reporting system, ensuring the relevant paper trails are in place
• Performing month- end tasks and bank account reconciliations
• Banking cheques and taking card payments on our point of sale machine
• Support the wider team (sales, marketing and operations) with a range of administrative duties both on a regular and ad hoc basis (this will be built into your weekly work schedule)
• Start Date: Immediately
• Contract: Monday-Friday, 08.45-17.30, for 4 to 6 months, potentially longer and reviewed on a monthly rolling basis
• Remuneration: Paid intern role with the potential to progress onto a permanent position based on performance