Many businesses need to reassure investors and other stakeholders on their financial performance, even where a full audit isn’t necessary, appropriate, or required by law. We provide wide-reaching financial advisory services to international clients across a number of industries and a diverse client base, ranging from small businesses and family enterprise start-ups to non-profit organisations.
As part of our Assurance & Business Services team you will be working with our clients, checking that numbers stack up with fact. This means providing advice and solutions that really make a difference.
Duties of the Accounts Assistant role are as follows:
- Accurate processing of clients’ financial data and the preparation of annual financial accounts and associated outputs therefrom within the timeframe agreed with the client or required by statute.
- Liaising with the audit team to ensure that financial statements are prepared to a high standard and on a timely basis to allow audit procedures to be completed and key deadlines met.
- As part of the team, other business outsourced services will be offered to clients including ixbrl tagging, company secretarial and working with cloud based accounting packages.
- Prepare annual financial statements including statutory accounts, predominately under FRS102. This includes consolidated financial statements for our group clients.
- Interactions with clients to undertake accounting work as required – both over telephone/e-mail and potentially occasional on-site client visits.
- Work closely with the audit and business tax teams to provide a seamless service to clients and ensure deadlines are met.
- Be prepared to share ideas about how best to operate the accounts preparation process in order to improve efficiencies for the firm and to get involved with other Business Outsourced Services, such as ixbrl tagging, company secretarial tasks and working with cloud based accounting packages.
After two years within the accounts preparation team, the individual would then transfer to the audit department to continue, and complete, their training contract.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
- Use of IT – be able to work on bookkeeping packages, accounts production software and Excel.
- Flexible – to assist with other ad hoc services that arise from time to time.
- Innovative - using technology to create efficiencies in processes.
- Have a understanding/awareness of FRS102 and FRS 102 1A
- 280 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade B