With over 7500 People, SII is one of the top IT & Engineering services companies in Europe and other countries around the world. The services we offer to our clients include, software development, system integration, system maintenance and testing. We run projects for the leading worldwide players in the Aerospace and Defence industries.
SII UK is the newest branch of the SII group, with business offices based in Stevenage, a major area for engineering especially in the Aerospace and Defence industries. Even with this great expansion we still believe people are important and this is what our #FUNgineer concept is all about. We believe our consultants are world changers and SII's mission is to accompany its customers through digital transformation thanks to our FUNgineers. Join us and enjoy what makes being a FUNgineer.
As a member of SII Defense and Space Department, you will join Test System Team and work as A Software Project Leader, responsible for a team of Software Design and Development Engineers
The Test Systems team is tasked with supplying a full range of test solutions, from overall defense equipment test to Board test plus Simulation and Field Support equipment.
The Test Systems team is multi-disciplined including mechanical and electronic design engineers working together with software development engineers and others from business related disciplines.
This is a principle role enabling you to improve and apply your technical leadership skills across our range of test solutions responding to the functional and performance requirements associated with testing complex products.
This role is particularly applicable to a person having the skills required to lead a team of software developers with a proven ability in the delivery of complex software solutions to demanding customers.
The Test Systems team is responsible for supplying a full range of test equipment solutions used in product development, production pass-out and in-service testing. The test equipment is highly reliant on software for providing the functionality for the range of use cases. The role lies within the Real Time and Test Software department in the UK, which operates within the international Embedded Software organisation of the multinational Software Function. In this role you will be:
· Responsible for the development and delivery of software for a number of Test Equipment systems.
· Leading a team of professional engineers that are specialists in test equipment software.
· Working closely with the Group Lead and the software architect to ensure consistency and technical excellence in the software produced.
· Ensuring that the principles of design for modularity and re-use are applied effectively and efficiently.
· Ensuring application of software development plans and configuration control in accordance with a strategic approach across the group.
· Working closely with the Test Equipment Design Authority, the Design Authority for the Unit Under Test and the End User organisations to ensure clear and concise requirements are in place to allow optimal design solutions to be delivered.
What's in it for you?
· You will be working with teams in both the UK and wider international Software Engineering organisation, ultimately supporting the development of safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on. Consequently there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France and Italy.
· We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills at an exciting time for Software Engineering and provide significant mobility opportunities within the Software Function and the wider business.
What's great about the team?
· The UK Test Systems team is a multi-disciplined dynamic, focused and agile team of about 100 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Solution design, including hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. These skills are co-located providing an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence whose strengths are well placed to support you in facing the challenges of the future.
· The Embedded Software organisation develops software critical to the production of some of the most advanced defense equipment systems in the world. The organisation applies small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems, contributing to a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers developing very interesting, technically advanced products.