Year in Industry - Cybersecurity Engineer 2020
(Programme to start Aug/Sept 2020)
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company!
At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
The Cybersecurity Engineer Intern will be responsible for following the technical activities to assist in delivery of project(s) of moderate to large size in complexity and scope of the Network Security that is dedicated to the Process Automation.
· The recruit has primary responsibility for following the direction of the Cybersecurity Lead Engineer in the delivery of security solutions to customers. The solutions will be composed of different applications and devices that meet the customer needs.
· The recruit will learn how to implement solutions based on designs provided by Lead Project Application Engineers and to update documentation as required which may include:
- Aid the Lead Cybersecurity Engineer during Cybersecurity Assessment Studies and Implementation projects.
- Perform installation and connectivity testing of the security appliances as documented
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until 04/11/2019
Assessment Centres will take place: November to December 2019
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
Ideal candidate profile
· Experience performing network configuration and troubleshooting using sniffers and monitors.
· Experience with Anti-Virus and other security software
· Experience with LAN, WAN and technologies
· Experience in developing, evaluating, implementing Security Policy and Procedures
· Experience with the Process Automation Network Security product line and Industries is desirable but not essential
· Analytical skills to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
· Observational skills to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
· Writing skills to communicate information effectively to customers, Project Managers, and technical staff
· Organizational skills to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis to cope with rapidly changing information and can apply the information gathered.