At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
We are looking for a Primary Technical Support Engineer to be based in our Telford site.
To provide professional technical support giving advice on the selection, specification, application, commissioning and fault diagnosis to customers,
pre-sales and after sales on Schneider Electric products.
To improve customer satisfaction by taking ownership and ensuring that the customer is satisfied before closing the request. Ensure the appropriate resolution for queries related to product selection, product replacement, troubleshooting, product quality, returns, and technical complaints.
· Provide the initial Technical Support in Pre-sales (Product selection, Application assistance) and Post-sales (Troubleshooting, Installation & Technical Complaints) to SE customers, partners and internal personnel.
· Answering incoming communications from customers on all channels (i.e. Telephone, E-mail, Web & Chat), prioritizing customer's support needs.
· Assure proper escalation to the Advanced level support when necessary
· Issue product price and availability in accordance with customer requests and required standards: cross references, configuration.
· Provide technical answers using documentation such as: User Guide, Programming Manual, Installation Manual etc.
· Complete documentation and follow up on all commitments and customer details in our customer relationship management tool (CRM).
· Actively promote the use of Digitized Support such as, FAQ's, Product Selectors, MySE etc. with customers.
· Actively create, modify, review and promote the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) knowledge database
· Collaborate with Marketing on new product launches.
· Provide relevant product and process training to other team members;
· Ongoing proactive research and learning about new products, technologies and applications.
· Education: Post-Secondary Electrical Qualifications, i.e. City & Guilds/BTEC, is preferred.
· Experience: Previous experience in Technical Support, Sales and/or Customer Service environment preferred; Previous sales experience would be advantageous
· Language: Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is required, other languages would be beneficial
· Working knowledge of electrical systems is essential.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
· Excellent problem-solving abilities, aptitude to understand and explain technical information.
· Ability to develop and maintain customer rapport.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP Systems
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
Ideal candidate profile