Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as a Project Engineer.
Engineer who contributes to all aspects of the project lifecycle. Mainly responsible for project specification, execution, commissioning and customer training but also assists to the sales and support teams when required.
· Technical management of process automation projects.
· Attend engineering and commercial project meetings on site.
· Liaise with customers and suppliers to help define system requirements.
· Generate detailed system design of automation systems to include enclosures, networking, instrumentation and supervisory systems.
· Generate Functional and Test Specifications.
· Implement control and SCADA application software.
· Carry out system testing with customers.
· Provide commissioning assistance.
· Provide technical and sales support.
· Provide coaching and assistance to other members of the engineering team.
· Attend customer sites for the purpose of:
- System start-up and commissioning.
- Emergency restoration.
· Strong technical mindset.
· Appetite to learn new technologies as they emerge onto the market.
· Experience with .NET programming languages.
· Experience with databases and database queries (SQL or MS Access)
· Knowledge of SSRS desirable.
· Knowledge of Wonderware products desirable (System Platform advantageous).
· Ability to work to standards set by internal policies and industry regulators.
· Experience in implementing control systems and providing related services desirable.
· Ability to converse with customers and colleagues from a variety of levels within their respective organisations.
· Responsible attitude and committed to producing a high standard of work.
· Optimistic, dynamic and highly motivated.
· Acts with integrity and honesty whilst respecting and promoting the image, vision and mission of Eurotherm.
· Good team player and communicator.
· Bachelor Degree in relevant Engineering/IT subject area
We promote diversity and inclusion because we recognise they are a source of strength and competitive advantage. Creativity and innovation spring from a mixture of backgrounds and viewpoints. At Schneider Electric, we believe that helping you as an individual to realise your full potential will help the company overall to achieve outstanding results.