Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
· Understand customer needs, competitors, and technical trends.
· Demonstrate a familiarity with best in class engineering techniques such as FMEA, DFA/DFM, Six Sigma Processes and Risk Analysis.
· Understand and design electrical power products, including the electrical and mechanical design of conductor systems.
· Understand manufacturing processes, material properties and the design of electrical distribution systems.
· Strong ability to read and interpret third party schematics and/or wiring diagrams.
· Develop parts and products using 3D parametric CAD (Creo preferred).
· Optimize design performance and cost.
· Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to understand / discuss customer requirements and expectations.
· Demonstrate a knowledge of industrial standards (i.e. UL, NEMA), quality and safety requirements.
· Understand the importance and impact of intellectual property.
· Utilize software tools to simulate, model and analyze products.
· Ability to prioritize workload to meet customer deadlines
· Knowledge of electrical distribution and/or motor control equipment is strongly preferred.
The company is English speaking but a foreign language would be a plus.
Ideal candidate profile
The position requires a 4-year degree in a related engineering discipline, 3-5 years' experience with a consistent record of problem solving ability.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.