Sanofi is a global life sciences company committed to improving access to healthcare and supporting the people we serve throughout the continuum of care. From prevention to treatment, Sanofi transforms scientific innovation into healthcare solutions, in human vaccines, rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, diabetes and cardiovascular solutions and consumer healthcare. More than 110,000 people at Sanofi are dedicated to make a difference in patients’ daily life, wherever they live and enable them to enjoy a healthier life.
iMove, the Sanofi VIE Program, is available to citizens of the European Economic Area (EU + Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) aged between 18 and 28.
PLEASE NOTE that since this program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship.
PLEASE NOTE that applications that are only submitted in French cannot be considered by our non-French speaking partners at Sanofi worldwide.
Therefore, only applications that are submitted in English will be considered.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.
We are looking for a candidate for a VIE mission of:
Patient Advocacy Rare Diseases Associate
- VIE Contract (W/M)
The Patient Advocacy/ Rare diseases VIE is responsible for supporting the implementation of Patient Advocacy projects for the rare Disease community across Rare Diseases
To achieve success it is critical that the VIE:
- Understands the importance of enhancing Sanofi’s reputation with external stakeholders through project implementation
- Works within the ABPI (Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry) guidelines and complies with SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) regarding work with patient groups and patients
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to align activities with business objectives and share project outcomes with relevant colleagues to help drive business performance
- Build and leverage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support implementation of key projects and programmes
- Act as a champion for advocacy in Rare Diseases, propose and implement ways of promoting advocacy both internally and externally
- Support effective implementation of advocacy campaigns / projects as required
- Develops strong and effective working partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders including agencies
- Provides insights about the patient community to support strategic planning with commercial team objectives
- Contributes to the delivery of advocacy projects in Rare Diseases as outlined in the strategic and operational plans of the Franchise
- Supports the implementation of advocacy projects and programmes
- Works collaboratively with all stakeholders to ensure project execution
- Ensures compliance control over all individual projects working with customer facing compliance, medical and legal departments, as required.
- Works collaboratively with both internal and external partners
- Works in collaboration with internal and external customers to deliver effective marketing projects to drive business performance through customer engagement and insight
- Develops and maintains respectful relationships with key stakeholders to enhance advocacy programmes and ensure the implementation of these programmes
- Develops strong and effective working relationships with colleagues, within the franchise and the extended transversal teams within Sanofi.
- Develops effective partnerships with agencies / 3rd party suppliers
- Supports the communication of the Rare Disease vision, and mission with external audiences through project work
- Works closely with communications managers to engage both internal and external audiences and support the implementation of internal communications plan
- Ensures all activities comply with the ABPI code of practice and with Sanofi SOPs
- Maintains good working relationships and practices with internal and external stakeholders relating to project implementation, for example with customer facing compliance, medical and legal departments, as required.
Education: Business School, Pharma or any related studies
- 1-2 years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain relationships and leverage knowledge internally across a matrix structure, to optimise opportunities and achieve shared goals.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to project manage across a variety of stakeholders
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Understanding the need for handling patient information compliantly and in accordance with data protection laws.
- Detailed understanding of ABPI (Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry) Code of Practice and its practical application in a business environment, with ABPI qualification or the aim to be ABPI qualified.
- Experience of working with third party agencies
- Experience in public relations and or lobbying
- Flexible on location (initially Oxford, then Reading)
- Passionate about helping patients and their families
- Act for change
- Strive for results