Safran Data Systems Inc. – Atlanta Metro Area--Norcross, GA – is currently looking for a Mechanical Assembly Technician to assemble, integrate and validate low earth orbit tracking and telemetry antennas, following blue prints, drawings and instructions.
The Mechanical Assembly Technician will assemble and integrate multiple mechanical sub-assemblies on our various articulated antenna designs.
The Mechanical Assembly Technician will take part in every aspect of the integration of the antennas including but not limited to: unpacking, assembling, coordinating a crane operation, dismounting, packing, installing the system on the end-user's site in the USA and assisting Field Application Engineers.
The Mechanical Assembly Technician will participate to the validation of the components received before integration into the antenna system.
The Mechanical Assembly Technician will be part of the Antenna Assembly and Integration Team reporting to the workshop manager.
The Mechanical Assembly Technician will comply with all the regulatory and internal safety rules.
This position requires working sometimes at height, using in boom lifts / scissor lifts.This position requires to work both inside the workshop and outside.
The Mechanical Assembly Technician will operate forklift, boom list and overhead crane to move heavy components (some are heavier than 2000lbs).
This position is based in the Atlanta Metro area--Norcross, Georgia, with travel of less than 15% anticipated.
This is an opportunity to join an established company that is growing strong with lots of opportunity for the Mechanical Assembly Technician to participate to the success and growth of the company.
· -U.S. Citizenship.
· -Associate Degree in Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
· -3 to 5 years of experience with heavy Electro-mechanical equipment manufacturing.
· -Analytical skills to be able to resolve assembly issues
· -Culture of work Safety
· -Experience in construction site operations (crane lifting) is a plus
· -Experience with Aeronautical equipment is a plus.
· -Experience with bearings, belt/pulley, gears and motors is a plus.
· -Positive outlook and desire to do what is best for the customer.
· -Self-Motivated and ability to work in self-directed environment.
· -Demonstrates skill and ability to analyze and develop innovative solutions to complex problems. Able to communicate effectively at the highest levels.
· -Due to multiple interactions with the Design team located in France, a knowledge of French culture and/or language would be a plus.
Safran Electronics & Defense
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.