Provides advice, guidance and drives the application of sound strategies to resolve difficult and/or sensitive work place matters. Works in consultation with HR and Legal teams to promote the consistent application of HR policies and procedures and compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations. Collaborates with other HR functional areas to develop and implement integrated employee relations’ solutions that are consistent with business goals and objectives.
Other responsibilities include conducting internal investigations in response to employment-related concerns; providing guidance on effective performance management strategies and corrective action; analyzing and interpreting ER-related data and information and making recommendations to promote effective workplace practices; establishing and delivering management training; and leading or participating on departmental and/or cross-functional special project teams.
· Acts as a single point of contact for employee relations matters involving employee performance issues and related corrective action. Acts as a primary investigator of employee concerns, including, but not limited to those involving allegations of discrimination, sexual harassment and/or hostile work environment.
· In consultation with the Legal Department, works with clients to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable employment laws.
· Identifies opportunities to instill sound ER practices that are in alignment with company goals and objectives. Monitors and analyzes ER data, and recommends organization-wide and/or client specific interventions to address identified trends.
· In partnership with Legal, researches and responds to external governmental agencies complaints and charges (example: ACRD, DOL,EEOC).
· At the request and under the direction of Legal and HR leadership:
· Conducts pre-litigation ER investigations
· Responds to Hotline concerns
· Provides litigation support and participate in depositions
· Contributes to cross-organizational reviews of broad-based HR programs. Participates in the establishment of new and/or refinement of existing HR policies, procedures and guidance documents.
· Provides coaching, direction and identifies training and development for the HRBP team and other members of the HR organization to promote skill development and greater awareness and knowledge of effective ER practices.
· Partners with SSC SMEs, Benefits and Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) team to manage difficult Workers Compensation and Leave of Absence situations and requests for accommodations, either related to or unrelated to Leaves of Absence, as well as, LOA policies, process guidance and overall leave management.
· Works on specialized projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s and/or PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
· Minimum of 8 (10 preferred) years of progressively responsible HR and/or business experience, which includes at least 2 years’ experience working on highly complex employee relations’ issues.
· Proven track record in consistently meeting or exceeding identified annual work goals and significant contribution to strategic goals and/or policies, programs, practices of the organization.
· Demonstrated ability to apply expert knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations; ability to apply knowledge to diagnose and develop appropriate solutions to complex cross-organization and/or cross-Company issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Demonstrated consultation and influencing skills at all levels.
· Ability to think systematically and consult strategically with all levels of management; strong analytical ability.
· Ability to influence appropriately.
· Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and ability to conduct effective critical conversations.
· Demonstrated organizational, planning and consultative skills
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple complex investigations and/or issues, especially when resource constrained.
· Proven decision making capabilities.
· Ability to exercise latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
· Ability to develop solutions to complex problems requiring regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
· Ability to demonstrate collaboration and teamwork.
· Ability to effectively collaborate with other members of the HR team, internal and external Legal Counsel, Security and Occupational Health professionals in managing ER cases and in the rollout of workplace programs.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Human Resources, Human Resources > Employee Relations
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.