The Commercial Finance group is a team of six professionals who work across the business providing all financial planning, analytics and reporting to a number of stakeholders including: the leadership team, commercial & marketing teams, other key budget holders and to global Red Bull HQ. The team provides close day-to-day tactical and medium term strategic support to the marketing, brand support, channel management and sales teams. It is involved in key commercial planning and decision making. It is seen as a key developmental area and is organised to provide a strong learning experience for its team members. Opportunities exist for career progression into other finance teams or commercial roles both within RBUK and internationally. This is a newly created role focused on controlling the planning, reporting and efficient use of over £30m of Indirect Costs (Operating Expenses) across the UK Beverage and Media House companies.
In 1987, Red Bull not only launched a completely new product, it created and has led ever since a whole new product category, Energy Drinks. Nowadays Red Bull employs more than 11500 people in over 171 countries, selling over 6 billion cans a year. The World of Red Bull provides the forum for you to use your talent and passion, to develop yourself and make an impact. Find out why we're different.
Find your own direction
· LocationLondon, England, United Kingdom
· OrganisationRed Bull Company Ltd.
Areas that play to your strengths
(all the responsibilities we'll trust you with)
Expand allCollapse All
· Planning & Forecasting
- Annual Budget
- Revised Estimates (2 per year)
- Monthly planning updates
- Prepares year to go best estimates
- Ensure Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) is planned correctly
- Supports the establishment of a true bottom up planning process and the development of a local planning calendar based on the group planning timetable allowing for sufficient review time and feedback cycles
· Month End Closing
- Accurate, efficient and timely completion of the month end close process for the Indirect general ledger accounts and cost centers, including the posting of Accruals within SAP
- Coordinates the monthly accrual process following the cost revenue matching principle
- Calculates timing accruals
- Support Financial Accounting with depreciation
- Ensures the reconciliation of systems (SAP/BI/Hyperion)
- Ensures master data quality and verifies the consistency of cost centers and internal order hierarchies
- Ensuring adherence to the Company Controlling Guidelines, making amendments where necessary and to provide reporting to the Budget owners on improvement opportunities
- Preparation of recharges across departments and with other International Red Bull entities
- Analysis of employee expenses and contribute to T&E policy amends
· Reporting & Analysis
- Ensures a timely distribution of financial information (plan & actual) to every budget holder by sending out reports, by allowing system access and by presenting the information in regular meetings
- Measures and reviews the cost/benefit ratio of proposed activities
- Designs the system setup to perfectly mirror the responsibilities in the organization
· Business Partnership
- Builds a solid relationship with budget holders based on mutual respect and trust
- Acts as a contact and sparring partner for:
- Management Team Members for Indirect costs
- Works closely with the various contacts, has a supporting mentality but also challenges, asks questions, gives suggestions and insights
- Supports new tenders and assess regularly the current vendors
- Day to day support and training of Indirect Budget owners, including system authorisations and access resolutions
- Partner with the Purchasing Department to improve reporting of Travel & Entertainment expenses and drive projects / behaviours to deliver savings
- Support with the successful delivery of continuous improvement projects across RBUK’s systems and processes, including Benchmarking of costs vs other Red Bull entities and similar UK based companies
- Support other areas of Commercial Finance & the business on ad-hoc basis
- Key success factors will be the quality, relevance and accuracy of the financial information delivered and the effectiveness of relationships developed with key stakeholders
Your experience includes:
(proven performance in)
This role will suit an energetic, self-initiating and ambitious individual who is keen to learn and grow their career in a commercially oriented FMCG finance role.
It requires a numerate, process orientated, personable and outgoing character who can build strong relationships with their stakeholders and provide constructive input alongside a demonstrable service and work ethic.
Strong IT skills, with proficient Excel required and experience with all or any of Hyperion, SAP and SAP BI would be an advantage.
The successful candidate is likely to be seeking a recognised financial qualification as well as a strong affinity to the brand and the company’s values.
Other opportunities in a similar area
Credit Risk Manager
Finance and Governance Manager
Assistant Financial Accountant
In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at Red Bull. We want to see your personal style – what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us.