Taster Week for Doctors, Consulting, M&A Strategy&, London 2019
Strategy& is PwC’s Strategy Consulting practice. You’ll work on challenging and varied assignments - from helping a company identify attractive new markets, advising a Private Equity client on game changing investments to helping industry leaders solve their toughest corporate and M&A challenges and seize their greatest opportunities.
Consulting for Doctors and PhDs in Consulting
Are you a high achieving doctor or academic researcher with an interest in business? Our week long taster week offers the perfect opportunity for you to gain insight and exposure to a fast paced business and consulting environment. Doctors and academic researchers play an important and leading role in healthcare, research and business organisations around the world. The taster week will allow you gain first hand experience and work with our expert team to develop your skills as a business leader.
What you’ll do
You'll work within our M&A strategy team on healthcare, pharma and life sciences focused projects and be expected to contribute to the team from day one through:
· Attending and contributing to meetings
· Working with external clients and internal teams
· Undertaking research, analysis and completing tasks We will also provide training around basic business and strategic concepts to give you context around the work we do, as well as some of the key skills that will enable you to contribute effectively and make the most of your time with us.
We understand that life in a clinical or research setting can be demanding on your time. As such, the taster week will be run year round to match your existing commitments.
The taster week is non-evaluative and does not constitute as an application to Strategy&, part of the PwC. However, if you have impressed during the taster week and subsequently decide you want to apply we will provide advice and help you navigate the graduate process.
What you’ll need
Medical Doctors candidates
· You’ll need to be a medical doctor or final year medical student with an exceptional academic record
· Have deanery approval (if undertaking work placement as part of Foundation Year Taster Week) or confirmed availability
Research (PhD) candidates
· You’ll need to be a final year PhD student, early post-doctoral researcher or have recently submitted your thesis General requirements
· Exceptional academic record
· Have a proven interest in business and healthcare
· Demonstrate strong leadership, problem solving and analytical skills
How to apply
Apply by completing our online application form and submitting your CV online. You will need to complete our online assessments and a video interview. During your video interview please ensure you explain:
· your motivations for applying
· what you expect to gain
· your relevant experience Your application will then be reviewed by the hiring team. If successful, you will be offered a place on the programme.
Please note, you are not eligible to apply if you are currently holding an offer for a full time position in industry.
Line of Service
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
Undergraduate work placement in Strategy Consulting
Entry Route Group