Business Insight Week, Birmingham, Summer, 2019
Business Insight Week
On our Business Insight Week we’ll put you through your paces, with guidance and support every step of the way to explore the work we do and the opportunities we can offer you. You’ll spend time with teams working on live projects and buddying up with a member of the PwC team just a little older than you. You'll get a unique insight into how the world of business works and what it’s like to start your career here. We'll spend time helping you identify the employability skills you already have and how you can develop these further to give you the best possible start to a career in business. We'll top it all off by sharing your experiences with other students on the programme and celebrating a fantastic week.
Once you've finished the programme, we'll spend time enabling you to reflect on your performance, talking you through your options and helping you to decide on your next steps - which could include a fast track to securing a permanent School and College leaver role with us.
What you'll gain
· Spend time with top business professionals.
· Develop your employability skills with support from our recruiters.
· Get a real taste for what a job with us would involve as an Apprentice, Flying Start student or graduate
· Experience real work, from meetings and client communication, through to high profile internal projects, giving you real exposure to what life is like at PwC.
· Do well and you could even find yourself on a fast track towards a permanent role with us when you finish studying.
What you'll need
No matter what background you're from or what subjects you're studying, we'd love you to join us. This is your chance to take the first step towards an incredible career in business.
You'll need to be:
· Currently in Year 12 and studying for A-Levels / Highers or equivalent.
· Interested in taking your first steps towards a career in business.
· Available for a week during your summer holidays in 2019 during 5th - 9th August or 19th - 23rd August
· You’ll need to be on course for a 96 UCAS tariff (excluding General Studies)
· You’ll need to have achieved a Grade 4 in Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
· Committed to your career ambitions and able to explain to us why you want to complete this programme.
What will the application process look like?
· Online registration form
· Online assessment and Situational Judgement Test
· Video interview or Assessment Day (we will invite you)
For application hints and tips please visit our website here https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/school-jobs/applying/selection-process.html
· The closing date for applications is 31st January 2019
· The deadline for online testing is 4th February 2019
· Assessment Days and Video Interviews to be conducted in February and March 2019 (exact dates will be confirmed to you)
Further details about all our programmes can be found on our student careers website.
Take the opportunity of a lifetime
Line of Service
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
Find out more about our business areas: Actuarial , Assurance , Consulting , Deals , Legal , Tax , Technology
The skills and behaviours we're looking for
Psychometric and interview e-learn
Do you need a work permit?
Business Insight Week
Entry Route Group
School leaver opportunities