PRI is seeking an individual with expertise in corporate cyber security policies and practices to undertake data analysis and a summary report of findings and recommendations for engagement on behalf of the Principles for Responsible Investment.
The candidate will collect information on 100 listed companies’ disclosure on their policies and governance for managing cyber security. The research will use publicly available sources for research across approximately 15 indicators. The indicators for research will be discussed with shortlisted candidates at the interview stage.
This information will be used to understand the existing levels of disclosure companies are providing on cyber security, in preparation for engagement dialogue between investors and companies, coordinated by the PRI Executive.
This placement is for approximately one month and will be based in the PRI London office.
Conduct high quality research on company disclosures around the governance of cyber security
Provide feedback on indicators suggested by the PRI to assess companies’ cyber governance
Organise and synthesise evidence based on companies’ public disclosure and record the information accurately into a spreadsheet
Test and re-check that the final data set is as accurate as possible at date of completion and respond to any data queries
Respond clearly to data queries in a timely manner
Prepare a short document summarising the main findings of the research and draw on expertise to provide broader market context
Offer in person contact time at the PRI office in London
- The preferred candidate will be a Masters or PhD student with experience of research in corporate cyber security practices.
- The candidate will need to demonstrate their experience in in analysing company disclosure on corporate governance and cyber security, with the ability to:
identify pertinent information from broad disclosures with attention to detail
record information with accuracy in a format that will meet its intended use
pay attention to detail, strong analysis and critical thinking
proficiently use Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
write fluently in English (business level)
any recent related research projects you have undertaken in the area of cyber security
- Please provide name, university and relevant department, email and telephone contact details
- your suitability and interest to undertake this research (max 1000 words) addressing the above criteria
- your location and availability to work on the project, and your availability to work at the PRI office in London for part or all of the research period (approximately one month between mid-end April and end May).
Lead: Olivia Mooney, Manager, Corporate Governance
Please direct queries and apply via email by 5pm GMT Friday 7 April 2017, with the subject “PRI Academic cyber security research application.” The selected candidate will be notified by 15 April 2017.