The Media Assistant will understand the PR Strategy and direction of each client and is responsible for scouting, selecting and confirming the right opportunities ie Radio interviews, TV Interviews, Speaker Platforms and Magazines.
The individual will assist in developing a Media strategy with the Comms & PR Manager and MD of Abstract PR, and to understand the vision of the client, to then implement this and find opportunities to leverage the client.The purpose of the role is:
* To raise awareness by engaging with appropriate media and ensuring delivery of consistent messaging. * To deliver a first class media relations service to journalists and other media representatives through the delivery of a sector leading press office function.
* The role is suited for an individual who can work on their own initiative, is confident, has experience within media, is an ambitious individual and enjoys a challenge and takes high responsibility in their work.
* To be Professional and Confidential at all times
* To assist the Department Manager or MD on any account activity
* To be responsible for any tasks provided
* To assist in any admin duties
* To carry out any research needed for specific accounts
* To be responsible for keeping the PR Calendar up to date
* To take responsibility of their assigned accounts
* Finding opportunities to leverage clients further
* Raise brand awareness by engaging media and ensuring delivery of consistent messaging
* Deliver first class media relations through the delivery of a sector leading press office, ensuring our voice is fully represented
* Assisting in the Media planning process, reporting and evaluation
* Identify matters on which we should comment or take action
* Be Aware of what is going on in the news
* Build relationships with journalists
* Research opportunities
* Keep databases up to date
* Keeping eye on trends and current related topics