BRIOCHE PASQUIER UK
MILTON KEYNES - MK8 8DF
Location: Milton Keynes Buckinghamshire
Job Start Date: September 2019
Job Type: Full Time Apprentice Programme including college 1 day a week
Hours of Work: 41 hours a week (average)
Additional Information: http://www.briochepasquier.co.uk
Brioche Pasquier UK is part of an international group and one of the largest food manufacturers in Europe. We have been present in the UK for over a decade and sell a range of French bakery products to major UK food retailers, wholesale and foodservice markets. The company is still family run and has a great culture and history. We are also present in Europe, South Korea and USA.
We are at our 160,000 sq ft technologically advanced production facility to service the UK market in order to continue the strong growth of the company.
This is a great opportunity to join a category leading brand at an exciting stage in the history of the business. Due to the fast expansion of the business, we are looking for professionals to join our team to fulfil and grow into their roles.
The role of the Apprentice Maintenance Operative is to successfully provide reactive maintenance support to the production operation whilst also performing proactive maintenance to ensure there is minimum to no disruption to the running of the production lines as a result of an engineering fault.
1. Adhere to all health and safety legislation and actively promote safety during your workday.
2. To support the Line Technician and Maintenance Operatives in the assessment, identification, modification and performance of preventative maintenance, scheduled maintenance, modifications or failures/breakdowns on production and packaging machines / lines.
3. Help to create and maintain records to ensure future clarity of processes and outcomes.
4. Suggest ideas to eliminate unnecessary losses such as cost, waste and inefficiencies.
5. Effectively utilise the IT tools available.
6. Ensure that the relevant persons are kept informed of maintenance concerns, failures or breakdowns which will have an impact of the productivity of the line.
7. Be a key member of the Production Team who will work to quickly resolve issues which cause significant impact to the business.
8. To keep up to date with latest technology changes and industry practices
To be considered for the role you will have:
Excellent attention to detail
To be able to remain calm under pressure and demonstrate control if challenged
Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical people alike
Strong organisation skills, able to prioritise and execute actions
Be flexible and adaptable, with the ability to solve problems and provide input
The role will suit candidates who are willing to work in a hands-on varied role and who are ambitious to grow upwards in their Engineering career