Orange Services is looking for a colleague in its Romanian team to Manage networks and nodes within the Packet Switch and Evolved Packet Core.
You will be part of a young and dynamic organization together with network and service engineers, database, network and security experts, service and project managers.
As a Core Network Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring a high level of quality of service on Evolved Packet Core Networking associated to mobile or fix infrastructure within a Business Unit.
You will also ensure that incident and change management processes are well performed within the agreed targets.
Who you are:
· You are able to work comfortably in a fast-changing environment on interesting technical challenges
· You have a passion for efficiency, performance and continuous improvement
· You are all about sharing and collaboration with your teammates
What you will be doing:
· Configure, test and maintain core network equipment and related service
· Identify, diagnose and resolving network related problems
· Working with Operational skill center experts and vendors for advanced troubleshooting.
· Repairing and recovering from hardware or software failures.
· Perform preventive actions and systems performance tuning
· Accountable for standard operations and administration of core network infrastructure and services
· Understanding affiliate network design and using the provided information in solving network issues
· Implement standard configuration and hardware changes in the production environment
· Development of own monitoring tools, scripts for automation, etc…
· On regular base covering the 7x24 On Call activities
What are we looking for?
· Bachelor/Master of science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent
· 3-5 years' Experience in Packet Core Network, preferable of Ericsson Packet Core
· Good understanding of PS and EPC architectures (2G/3G/4G)
· Solid knowledge of operation and troubleshooting of SGSN/MME, GGSN/EPG, DNC, SAPC/PCRF, OSS-RC/ENIQ
· Good understanding of following GTP, DIAMETER, DNS, RADIUS-AAA, protocols
· Advanced troubleshooting skills on EPC platforms
· Scripting skills such as shell, perl, bash or any others
· Excellent communication skills in English
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Ability to transfer knowledge to colleagues
· Ability to interact with customers and internal stakeholders, and provide technical solutions
· Presentation & communication Skills
Nice to have:
· Knowledge of one of cloud orchestration related technologies e.g. Openstack, Kubernetes, Docker,
· Experience with OpenStack, VMWARE
· Experience in virtualization, preferable of Ericsson Packet Core
· Spanish communication skills will be a plus
What's in it for you?
· Opportunity to work in a challenging environment;
· Great work atmosphere;
· Lunch tickets;
· Special subscription for sports and recreational activities;
· Medical plan subscription;
· Life insurance;
· Flexible working time;
· Technical & Soft skill trainings;
· Professional and private phone subscriptions