As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Ideal candidate profile
Oracle Bristol VR Lab Partner
Oracle are looking for a graduate / intern for a 6-month paid placement at the Bristol VR Lab. You will undertake a research project to evaluate the suitability of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure for running VR / 3D workloads.
On a typical day you might be doing the following:
* Working with other partners in the VR Lab to:
o develop test content;
o understand the parameters that make a good VR experience;
o develop a testing methodology to asses these parameters;
o help them understand Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and how they might take advantage of it.
* Working with Oracle to:
o Understand and be able to use/teach our Oracle Cloud Infrastructure platform including GPU instances and Oracle Kubernetes Engine;
o Deploy and maintain your test application/content on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
* Working with external organisations to:
o Understand the variety of workstations and network conditions to which we might want to deliver a VR experience;
o Running some tests at customer sites or under similar conditions.
* Analysing and documenting test results.
* Writing a white paper that describes your methodology, results and learnings.
You will have demonstrated some, but not necessarily all, of the following capabilities:
* Some programming experience is essential (Go, C++, Python, Java preferred);
* 3D / VR content authoring;
* Technical writing;
* Analysis of a complex problem domain;
* Working in a diverse, multi-stakeholder environment;
* Understanding networking and factors that affect network performance.
Oracle and the VR Lab will support you by providing:
* A desk in the VR Lab including a cutting-edge 3D workstation and VR equipment;
* An assigned mentor from Oracle to help you get up to speed on Oracle tech and processes;
* Access to other VR Lab partners to help with development of content and test parameters;
* Access to resources in the Oracle cloud (e.g. a GPU instance, storage etc);
* Regular check-in with Oracle and VR Lab management to help you with other needs as they arise.
We think this position would be suitable for an intern or recent graduate from a software-related degree program but would be delighted to see applications from people with different backgrounds and experience. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.