Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
About the Team
Oracle Cloud is an area of strong investment by Oracle to serve the needs of its customers by meeting ever-growing needs in scale, security, and system intelligence through a set of cloud services. Near-term, the company is aggressively expanding its existing footprint into [12 more datacenter regions while increasing breadth and depth of its services].
Within Oracle Cloud, the mPlane team provides key services for telemetry and application monitoring across a myriad of data formats, volumes, and search needs allowing our users to rapidly take actions based on insight.
About the Role
A strong desire and aptitude for system automation defines success in this role. For us to satisfy our customers and continue our aggressive expansion plans, we must automate every part of our process, from deployments to issue response. In this role, you'll help us achieve our automation goals, contributing hands-on and strategically.
* Be an integral part of our service, contributing to both design and day-to-day response.
* Architect and develop solutions for highly resilient services.
* Develop automation to help deploy our services and maintain its operational health.
* Contribute to the understanding of how our services are being used and help plan the capacity needs for future growth.
* Linux experience, including expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting.
* Expertise with Configuration Management platforms (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or similar).
* Experience in TCP/IP related technologies (networking protocols, networking services, network programming).
* Scripting background (Python, Bash, Ruby or similar).
* Methodical approach to troubleshooting and documenting issues.
* BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
* 3+ year experience of running large scale customer facing services.
* Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana.
* Experience with Graphite, Prometheus or similar time-series systems.
* Experience with Kafka.
* Experience with Linux performance tuning.
* Experience in Docker orchestration and management.
* Background with the build-out of continuous integration and delivery pipelines (CI/CD).
* Experience in implementing, supporting and maintaining large-scale monitoring and alert systems.
Nice to have
* Experience with securing customer facing services.
* Development skills in languages such as Java, Go, and Python.
* Experience with Kubernetes