As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Placement – Executive and Sales Communications (July 2019, 12 month placement)
The technology industry is undergoing a once in a generation seismic shift. Underpinned by the migration of infrastructure, platforms and applications to a cloud based delivery model, technologies such as big data, analytics, internet of things, blockchain, machine learning, and artificial intelligence offer the potential to transform enterprises and governments and the customers and citizens they serve.
It is no surprise that the technology industry itself is undergoing radical and profound disruption. New companies, new technologies and new partnerships are emerging that will define the next generation of the industry.
Not all of the leaders of the previous generation have or will make the required shift. Oracle is one of the few bucking this trend. The company that dominated the database market is fast being recognized as having crossed the chasm to generation cloud.
· Provide writing, editing and content management support for the UK and UKII Tech and occasionally Europe.
· Attend large events in the UK to support Marketing with social media coverage during and provide a digital round-up summary the day after.
· Produce and administer weekly all UK staff newsletter including sourcing writing, editing, gaining approvals and then distributing/publishing.
· Support a variety of Sales Communications-related tools and processes, All Staff emails, UK Newsletter, Intranet, OSN Social Media platform, Digital Screens, on demand Video Channel, so they are up to date and relevant.
· Use Adobe Dreamweaver and basic HTML to produce emails.
· Filming and editing videos with key stakeholders.
· To provide assistance developing content and materials for the All UK Quarterly All Hands meetings.
· Support the ongoing expansion and enhancement of the UK's existing communications vehicles – especially digital signage - to more effectively reach employees across the organisation and build a more informed and engaged employee population.
· Working with the wider Intern cohort suggest new/modern ways of using technology to reach our staff.
· Collaborate with teams and functions to develop content and plans to help them reach their employees and communicate their news and priorities across the UK.
· Collaborate with external agency partners and CCT in Romania to help communicate news and priorities as effectively as possible.
· Coordinate and administer the UK Communications calendar.
· Collaborate effectively with colleagues across EMEA on event coverage
What we are looking for:
Individuals studying for a University degree in Digital marketing, Marketing, Journalism or Media and Communications (or similar).
· Energetic, articulate and motivated students on course for a 2:1 degree or higher with the right attitude and aptitude to succeed in a fast-paced business
· Strong writing and editing skills with superb attention to detail
· High energy, confident, outgoing and proactive
· Strong analytic and numerical reasoning skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Ability to interpret and understand data and present it in creative and compelling ways
· Good IT skills including basic knowledge of HTML, Photoshop and Video editing software
· Some experience of writing/blogging is desirable and some international experience would be an advantage