Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ideal candidate profile
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
Team and Product Description:
The Technology Strategy and Service Design Team at Oracle Dyn is responsible for designing, prototyping, and developing customer-facing cloud-based products and services that operate as part of the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure as well as globally on the internet. We are often the first to use new technologies, staying at the forefront of the industry. This highly productive, innovative team is exciting to work with and has an outstanding working dynamic.
Description of the Duties:
The ideal candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, able to work on multiple projects at once, and have strong communication skills. This individual will also be fairly autonomous and be expected to contribute to a wide range of high-impact projects across the organization. As an innovation/R&D team, we often take on brand new projects and willingness to continue learning. Daily tasks include UI design and development, integration, testing, CI/CD, participating in scrum activities, and working with other teams across the GBU such as User Experience, Product, Support, Project Management, and the NOC.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience
· 1+ years of experience in UI development
· Experience with ReactJS, Typescript, Redux, Webpack/Gulp, Jest, CSS
· Experience with JQuery/AngularJS
· Experience interfacing with JSON REST APIs
· Familiarity with Node.js/npm, enzyme
· Familiarity with designing and implementing form-factor independent UI
· Ability to design and implement UI components that provide an intuitive and seamless customer experience
· Ability to translate wireframes into prototypes and production-ready interfaces
· Ability to quickly pick up new languages and technologies
· Experience with Agile Methodologies, specifically Scrum
· Self-driven, able to work independently on a project even while the design is evolving
· Strong desire to stay on top of new technologies and services
· Passionate about learning
· Strong communication skills, including cross-team collaboration
· Ability to deliver basic functionality and iterate
As a member of the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Edge Services division, you will be able to work with cutting edge technologies including React, Typescript, Gulp, Jest, JQuery, Docker, Kubernetes, and more. You will be responsible for translating wireframe designs into beautiful, intuitive, interactive front-end components. You will be able to be independent and creative, while working directly with the UX and backend developer teams to provide the customer with the best experience possible.