An experienced consulting professional who has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May lead the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget. May act as the team lead on projects, providing coaching, guidance and feedback to develop skills of team members. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and leads detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 3-4 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
FLEXCUBE Technical Principal Consultant
Oracle Financial Services Software is a separate company and majority-owned subsidiary of Oracle Corporation.
This role will be responsible for delivering Techno-functional support services for Oracle FLEXCUBE implementations and Managed services assignments as a Technical Principal Consultant.
• Be part of Implementation activities of Oracle FLEXCUBE Core Banking product – both Onsite at Customer location as well as remotely from base-location.
• Develop programs, do Unit Testing, Integrate / Deploy units into intermediate environments and support the Testing cycles progressively as per specifications/requirements given by Oracle/Customer within planned schedule.
• Use defined Standards/Tools/Processes/Change-Control-Steps and document all work to achieve deliverable that meet Quality/Audit/Compliance expectations of Oracle/Client.
• Coordinate with Offshore Development and/or Support teams for various technical deliverables including Customization Deliveries, Patchsets, fixes etc.
• He/she will need to successfully manage Customer Relationship and respond / address any initial escalations from Customer.
• On need basis step in to analyze issues and provide L1/L2 production support covering both technical and functional domains of ORACLE FLEXCUBE Core Banking suite of products at Customer location/base location. Coordinate with all stakeholders including Client IT Team, Support Team, Offshore Development Teams to prepare and provide Status reports to Management / Client periodically.
• On occasion he/she might be required to provide On-Call support during non-business hours.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Candidate should have hands-on Development, Implementation and / or production support experience with any Core Banking product, ideally Oracle Flexcube UBS
• Hands on Expertise in Deployments, Backup/Restore Operations and Source Control tools
• Hands on Expertise in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel
• Client Facing skills
• Working knowledge of Oracle development tools, WebLogic server deployments, Oracle Database
• Functional knowledge of Banking systems.
• Experience on development and implementation of Interfaces, Batch operations, Trouble shooting and resolution of issues encountered in Testing cycles, Payment systems and preferably in SWIFT/SEPA.
• Good Problem Solving skills
• Perform proper handover/knowledge transfer at end of each assignment.
Education and Other Qualifications
• Should be holding an UK Passport or be an EU Passport holder
• Should hold a Bachelors/Masters Degree in Computer Science / Accounting / Banking / Commerce / Management.
• Fluency in English is a must.
• 6 to 10 years total experience with 3 to 6 years experience in primary skills.
• He/she has previous Banking experience and knows how to engage with Offshore Development and Support teams in providing the end resolution for production incidents with status-reporting and root cause analysis.
• He/she will be required to travel onsite within the EU including UK.
• Ability to work in a high pressure, fast moving and challenging environment
• Should take up FLEXCUBE technical certifications as and when required
• Team player
About the company
Oracle Financial Services Global Business Unit (FSGBU) is a world leader in providing IT solutions to the financial services industry. Oracle is the world's largest enterprise software vendor with 286,000 global customers and USD 22.4 billion in revenue. Oracle's customers include ten of the top ten global banks, ten of the top ten insurance companies, ten of the top ten securities firms, five of the top five mutual fund companies and four of the top five World stock exchanges. With the experience of delivering value-based IT solutions to over 840 financial institutions in over 130 countries, the FSGBU understands the specific challenges that financial institutions face: the need for building customer intimacy and competitive advantage through cost-effective solutions while, simultaneously, adhering to the stringent demands of a dynamic regulatory environment. Our solutions have the world's most comprehensive and contemporary banking applications and provide a technology footprint that addresses their complex IT and business requirements. The solutions include, but are not limited to: - Oracle FLEXCUBE : A complete Universal Banking Product suite for retail, consumer, corporate, investment and internet banking, consumer lending, asset management and investor servicing, including payments (SWIFTNet and SEPA). Since its launch in 1997, over 354 financial institutions in over 120 countries have chosen Oracle FLEXCUBE. - OFSAA: The Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Suite of Solutions for Governance, Risk and Compliance