Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
We are seeking an experienced full stack engineer to aid in the development and scale out of our monitoring and logging infrastructure. The individual should have experience with the monitoring and instrumentation of distributed systems, microservices, and application platforms. Experience working in both traditional development/engineering project workflows as well as working in a DevOps role. We are a collaborative, fast-paced environment requiring strong communication and teamwork skills, as well as the ability to quickly prioritize business needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist in the design and implementation of scalable monitoring, metrics, and logging solutions to provide teams with observability for their applications
· Create streamlined processes for internal teams to design, build, and deploy custom health checks, as well as metrics and logging
· Mentor teams on best practices for monitoring and instrumentation
· Identify gaps with observability of application platforms
· Develop well-documented and well-tested code through CI/CD pipelines
· Leverage automation and orchestration for infrastructure and application deployment
· Create detailed playbooks for the repeatable deployment system components, and routine maintenance and operational tasks
· Deploy, manage, and maintain applications/systems deployed across physical, virtualized, cloud, and containerized environments
· Pro-actively identify ways to enhance functionality, reliability, operation of the platforms
· Develop and run test cases on applications and services as part of deployment process
Education & Qualifications:
· Minimum of three (3) years of general work experience and one (1) year of relevant experience in areas of responsibility
· Candidate should have experience working in public cloud environments
· Candidate should have strong analytical and organizational skills
· At Least one (1) year of experience and direct knowledge with these disciplines:
· Distributed data platforms including Kafka, Cassandra, Zookeeper, Etcd
· Linux system administration (Debain and/or Redhat derivatives)
· Bash, Ruby, Python Scripting
· Project management and CI/CD work flows
· The candidate should have familiarity with several of these systems and practices:
· Metric and visualization tools Graphite, Grafana, Prometheus, InfluxDB
· Metric collection and instrumentation tools JMX, GRPC, collectd, telegraf
· Operation of monitoring platforms like Sensu, Nagios, OpenNMS
· Logstash, Fluentd, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Splunk, Graylog
· Automation and configuration management tools, Chef preferred
· Virtualization (KVM), Containerization (Docker), microservices architectures
· Building for high availability, and distributed architectures in the cloud
· Source control (Git) and package management tools (pip, gem, npm, etc)
· Data analysis and visualization, security engineering and operations