Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle's product engineering teams, based in the centre of Bristol, design, build and operate Oracle's next-generation public cloud infrastructure (IaaS) and platform (PaaS) services. With revolutionary innovation in performance, availability, ease of use and security, our cloud technology is designed for the reliability, predictability and quality expected by the world's largest enterprises - and smartest start-ups.
You could be working in one of our engineering teams to help us innovate and develop our public cloud capabilities at time when the move towards cloud computing has never been stronger.
In addition to working on interesting projects, you'll be getting a great salary, flexible working arrangements, a fun, state-of-the-art development environment and excellent opportunities for learning and career growth.
On a typical day you will probably be working as part of a small, focused team doing one or more of the following:
· Programming, testing and operating software at the heart of Oracle's public cloud. You might be:
· Writing some code in Java 8, Go, Clojure/ClojureScript, Python or another modern programming language.
· Automating life-cycle operations for your project: build, test, health check, deploy, upgrade etc... on *nix platforms.
· Deploying and operating your software in data-centres across the globe.
· Working with containerisation and virtualisation technologies such as Docker, LXC, rkt, KVM or Xen.
· Participating in the software engineering community at Oracle and beyond. Maybe you will be:
· Discussing potential solutions to complex technical problems and building consensus among disparate teams.
· Collaborating with open source communities and contributing to open source projects.
· Learning a new skill or trying a new way of working.
· Teaching someone else a skill.
· Developing your ideas by working in collaboration with some of the groundbreaking customers, startups and universities in Bristol (and customers globally).
We are flexible about education and experience but we think this role is suited to someone with at least a bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) and at least 2 years experience as a software engineer/developer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.