Technology Intern will be responsible for assisting in development, testing and maintenance of one or many products of Pouch. Opportunity to learn all aspects of Software development - Backend, Frontend, DevOps, Cloud Infrastructure, Artificial Intelligence, Natural language Processing, etc.
We are looking for tech savvy, positive attitude individuals who are willing to learn and adapt to various technologies and agile nature of our business.
Core technologies -
1. PHP programming using Symfony framework
2. Amazon AWS Cloud Infrastructure
3. Browser extensions
4. REST APIs
Primary focus of the intern will be to understand existing architecture and to be able to maintain, fix bugs and build additional modules to the existing product. Depending on the individual's performance, strengths & weaknesses and his/her personal preference of technology and career aspirations, a training plan will be put in place after 2 months of internship. There will also be an opportunity to join us as a full-time employee after internship. This however depends on the performance and business at the end of internship.
Intern will be reporting to the Co-founder & CTO who will provide hands on training and guidance on development, DevOps, architecture and design of various software modules. We believe an individual's role should depend on their skills and capabilities rather than years of experience. There is also scope for formal training courses, if need be, during the course of the internship that will mutually benefit the individual and the business.
Mandatory Skills -
2. Pursuing or completed a degree in Computer Science / Information Technology
3. Basic knowledge of Operating systems concepts and Linux shell scripting
4. Object Oriented programming concepts
5. Understanding of Software development principles
6. Basic understanding of MySQL or similar databases like MariaDB / Oracle / MS SQL / PostgreSQL
Desirable skills -
1. Familiarity with Amazon AWS
2. Knowledge of Laravel / Symfony Framework
3. Linux Administration
4. Strong networking knowledge with CCNA or similar certifications
5. Experience of Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins / Shippable
6. Database Administration
Pursuing or completed a degree in Computer Science / Information Technology