We are looking for an organised and driven food technology / food safety student looking to apply the academic knowledge learnt. You will be responsible for implementing health & safety, food safety and a QC process covering all aspects of sourcing and operations for Oddbox ie. produce QC on arrival, produce storage and shelf life, packing and warehouse operations compliant with food safety standards and health & safety standards.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to implement a full process from scratch covering all aspects of H&S, Food Safety and QA. You will receive guidance from the Operations Manager and from an external Food Safety expert with an overall plan of actions to be implemented.
• Review the plan of actions drafted by the external Food Safety expert and the H&S auditor and prepare a plan for rollout looking at priorities and taking into consideration cost and feasibility of implementation, identifying dependencies and main risks.
• Present the rollout plan to the team and outline actions, timing and responsibilities
• Drive the implementation of the plan ensuring all staff are on board and trained
• Prepare training documents for existing and new staff, document all processes and prepare an on-boarding process for any new staff
• Put in place a process to ensure continuous adherence to the new standards and for regular audit
• You will primarily work with the Operations Manager to whom you will report, the Buyer and the packing team.
• You will get support from an external Food Safety expert if needed
What you’ll get:
• An exciting opportunity to be part of a sustainable challenger brand, helping reduce food waste one wonky carrot at a time.
• Free fresh fruits in the office
• Discount on Oddbox fruit and veggies.
• Free tea and coffee
Start date: ASAP
• Compensation – National Minimum Wage
• Duration of role – 1 to 2 months internship
• Location – Our office in Mitcham, South West London
This is a once in a lifetime, super exciting opportunity of working in a rapid growth, ethical company. We want to prove that sustainability can be affordable and we can grow fast and do-good at the same time.
If you agree let’s start the conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.