The successful candidate will gain as much exposure to the day-to-day operations and challenges of a business in a rapid start-up phase.
Relevant dates: starting date to be ASAP and as near to full time as possible for a minimum of 3 months. Given the Christmas break but would be happy to discuss a longer term arrangement.
Duration: 09:00-18:00, Monday to Friday with time given for lunch. We would be happy for holiday being taken on a pro-rata basis - i.e. 7 days over 3 months. We would not expect the candidate to work evenings or weekends, but we anticipate numerous opportunities to do so given our intention to focus on building community and visibility through grass roots events.
Focus: the majority of time will be spent working on GrubGrub. However, we are happy for you to gain experience in the more mature businesses founded and run by Jared Fresh - Fitness Food and Ben - No1 Fitness.
Payments: travel expenses and lunch will be provided. We will also contribute up to £25 towards you monthly phone bill and pay for any necessary memberships or co-working space. The successful candidate will also have access to a virtual personal assistant service that Jared and Ben both use. All expenses will be paid at the end of each month.
Expectations: we expect the intern to be hard working, professional, punctual and able to demonstrate good communication skills. They should show a passion for the business and industry we are working in. We also except you to demonstrate a willingness to think and act proactively and intuitively. Strong commercial acumen would be ideal by is not necessary where there is evidence of sufficient willingness to learn.
Key areas of responsibility
- brand and strategy: contribute to the process of building and articulating a strong, coherent brand;
- product development: provide support in creating new recipes and products;
- operations: we do not anticipate acting in a day-to-day operational capacity. However, we would like you input in creating and implementing systems;
- marketing: help implement a targeted marketing plan, focused on building community, increasing awareness and driving traffic;
- events and PR: as a specific sub-category of marketing, we would like help with organizing, running and following up on events;
- social media: as a specific sub-category of marketing, we would like the student to help run our social media - formulating campaigns aligned with wider marketing plans, producing content, posting and engaging with our audience;
- sales: shadow the founders as they prospect and pitch for new business. Depending on the strength of the candidate, we will consider setting them up as sales and account managers;
- client care: supporting staff with handling customer inquiries.