Date: Sep 5, 2018
Location: London, LND, GB
Data Analyst - Sports - 26719
Analytics - Great Britain London, London
Nielsen Sports is a trusted adviser and partner in sports and entertainment intelligence, helping our clients worldwide to maximize their commercial success. With our expansive suite of products and services, Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioning to provide insights and intelligence which help drive more effective decision making for clients.
We are recruiting for a talented Data Analyst to join our dynamic Data Team in our London office, located near Paddington. This is an exciting opportunity to work with some of the biggest brands and right holders in the Sport and Sponsorship industry.
What we offer you:
· 25 days holiday
· An excellent contributory pension with a highly elite pension provider
· Fantastic private healthcare package
· First class training support and development opportunities
· Gain Invaluable Nielsen experience on your CV
· Working with the global market leader in sport and sponsorship research
· To shape together an ever-growing department, becoming key to our business worldwide
· To be part of a diverse and talented international team with an opportunity for personal and professional development
· A growth culture with an entrepreneurial mindset supported by a world-leading operations network and toolkit
Key accountabilities for this role include:
· Complete data management necessary for multiple projects and department functions
· Transform and evaluate data adhering to methodologies and processes
· Build pricing data sets through a collection of TV audiences and advertising rates
· Identify, analyse, and interpret key performance measures and trends in multidimensional data sets
· Apply a variety of sampling methods for predictive studies
· Assist the design of sports industry research projects
· Communicate with internal stakeholders regarding project requirements, interpretation of data, and the development of recommendations based on findings
To succeed in this role you will need:
· BS/BA in Market Research, Business Administration, Finance, Statistics or equivalent
· High level of attention to details
· Working under pressure and tight scheduling
· Available to support and train other junior data analysts
· Exceptional analytical skills
· Excellent communication skills and ability to present data and complex ideas in easy to understand manner
· Knowledge of the UK/Europe sports business and sponsorship landscape
· Exposure to audience ratings, CPMs, and other media exposure data an advantage
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including usage of formula writing, logical functions, charting, pivot tables
· Nice to have experience in at least one of the following packages: VBA, SPSS, R, SQL
If you are looking for a more challenging and rewarding position, this could be your perfect role – take the chance and apply now! Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to respond to successful candidates.
At Nielsen, diversity and inclusion are integral parts of the organization’s DNA. By diversity, we mean far more than the diversity you can see; we value diversity of thought, experiences, skills and backgrounds.
At Nielsen, we respect diversity and offer an inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to hiring and retaining a qualified and diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Nielsen is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please let us know.
Founded on the principles of integrity, honesty, fairness, respect and reliability, Nielsen is a place where you can be yourself, make a difference and grow.
In the UK, we have won several awards including:
2018 Oxfordshire Business Awards – Employer of the Year Finalist
2017 Oxfordshire Apprenticeships – Apprenticeship Award Winner
2017 Apprenticeships National Awards – Large Employer of the Year Regional Highly Commended
2017 Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers – # 25
2016 Times Top 100 – One to Watch
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com