Date: Aug 20, 2018
Location: Bracknell, BRC, GB
Data Administrator - 25966
What’s it like to be part of Nielsen? We’ll let the data do the talking. With more than 40,000 people in over 100 countries, we’re a diverse group. In the UK alone, we have over 55 nationalities. But there’s a lot that brings us together. We’re obsessed with measuring and understanding consumer behaviours to help our clients grow. Our measurement covers 90% of the world’s population and GDP. We get to work with the world’s biggest and best brands. We believe in making things Open, Connected, Useful and Personal. We challenge everyone to innovate, take risks, learn and grow! Diversity and Inclusion are critical to our growth, strength and ability to innovate. We want everyone to have a voice and be themselves. We empower our employees to make a difference, by collaborating both inside and outside the office. There has never been a better time to be at Nielsen.
Here at Nielsen Watch we‘re capturing advertising across multiple platforms (TV, Press, Digital, Radio, Cinema, Outdoor & Direct Mail) picking out the pertinent information of who advertised what, where and when. Building a picture of advertising trends across the UK. Delivering this incredibly valuable data to our clients helps them make informed decisions on brand effectiveness and drives their own advertising campaigns as they strive to be the market leaders in their field.
As part of our team, you will be surrounded by a group of enthusiastic and quality driven people who seek to deliver on time accurate data to our clients. You will also be joining a terrific organization who brings to bear the market’s most powerful proprietary data assets. Together we are not only helping the world’s biggest brands make better and faster marketing and media decisions, we are permanently disrupting the landscape of audience measurement.
We are looking for a detail driven Data Administrator who will be responsible for ensuring the complete, accurate and timely data/creative capture of advertising in the Consumer Press Department. The focus of this role is for Scottish, Northern Irish & the Regional Big 2 (Yorkshire Post & Manchester Evening News).
· Co-ordinate the coding of all newspapers within the Scottish, Northern Irish and Regional Big 2 data sets. Ensuring work by on and offshore teams are completed on time and with an accuracy level of 98%. Keeping the Consumer Press Manager informed of any issues.
· Processing Open Products and new creatives within those specific data sets daily in order to achieve daily deliveries.
· Post receipt/tracking of all Consumer Press Journals that arrive daily. This involves collection of post from reception, unwrapping post and tracking that post into a bespoke Nielsen operating system. This can also include receipt of digital PDF copies downloaded via websites.
· Support Data Executives/Manager in resolving any client queries that arise via the bespoke ticket system. This can be investigating client data issues as well as aiding in setting up quotes for new business.
· Attend weekly/monthly team meetings to discuss progress on deliveries as well as any other issues for your publication sets.
· Working with the team in setting up of subscriptions for new publications and liaise with the necessary staff members regarding ongoing problems and renewal of subscriptions. This will require daily contact with publishers or suppliers.
· Weekly/Monthly archiving of physical newspapers in their allotted storage location in the office. On-going control of the archive ensuring regular recycling of old papers.
· Cross training into other processes to further business knowledge as well as giving support during busy periods. It’s important that we support all areas of the Operations department during quiet times of the month, cross training is an important part of life at Nielsen.
Ideal Competencies & Experience:
· Strong command of written English and ability to spot grammatical or spelling errors
· Minimum GCSE Mathematics and English Grade C or equivalent experience
· Excellent Timekeeping Skills
· Good organisational and prioritisation skills
· Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
· Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
· Flexible and positive can-do attitude to work
· Self-motivated and able to use initiative within a team environment in order to achieve daily targets
At Nielsen we operate a flexible shift system and these comprise of 8-4.30, 9-5.30 and 10-6.30. Shifts can be changed weekly, in accordance with personal preference but must not impact client deadline
At Nielsen, diversity and inclusion are integral parts of the organization’s DNA. By diversity, we mean far more than the diversity you can see; we value diversity of thought, experiences, skills and backgrounds.
At Nielsen, we respect diversity and offer an inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to hiring and retaining a qualified and diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Nielsen is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please let us know.
Founded on the principles of integrity, honesty, fairness, respect and reliability, Nielsen is a place where you can be yourself, make a difference and grow.
In the UK, we have won several awards including:
2018 Oxfordshire Business Awards – Employer of the Year – Finalist
2017 Oxfordshire Apprenticeships – Apprenticeship Award – Winner
2017 Apprenticeships National Awards – Large Employer of the Year – Regional Highly Commended
2017 Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers – # 25
Primary Location: Bracknell,Berkshire