N estlé UK & Ireland
Circa £33k + Benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Operator, to join our team based at our Purina factory in Aintree.
At Nestlé PURINA Pet Care, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too. As a world leading company in pet care and nutrition, Nestlé PURINA has been helping pet’s live healthy, happy lives for over 85 years. We are proud to produce some of the UK’s best loved brands including BAKERS®, GO-CAT®, WINALOT®, FELIX®, and BONIO, trusted and bought by millions of pet owners.
What you can expect?
You will be working in a flexible manner as part of an integrated manufacturing team to maintain, repair and operate equipment in order to improve plant performance,
Other responsibilities will include:
· Maintain and Operate machinery and equipment within specified production area in line with best practice – use of SAP AMM and Quality systems is essential.
· Install, maintain, modify and repair machinery and equipment in a specified production area within a core engineering skill.
· Identify and resolve operating faults on plant and machinery in a specified production area using the core or secondary skill.
· Provide flexible engineering support in production areas outside the normal area of working.
· Update and utilise technical drawings, engineering records and documentation appropriate to core skill.
· Plan and carry out maintenance through effective use of PM systems (SAP AMM).
· Seek to improve plant performance through effective efficiency monitoring and the design and implementation of engineering enhancements.
· Support all aspects of Team working through effective communication.
Who are we looking for?
The person that is successful in this role will be driven to drive improvement across production. This opportunity provides to develop individually and as part of a highly skilled team as well as giving someone the opportunity to make a real impact.
Other attributes would include:
· Strong work ethic and an inquisitive nature.
· Ability to influence by having strong inter person skills.
· Ability to communicate across all levels and work on own initiative.
· Manage and prioritise workload in a fast paced environment.
· Strong understanding of problem solving methodology.
· Qualified to NVQ level 3/City & Guilds with Electrical/Mechanical Bias or equivalent.
· Relevant technical / engineering apprenticeship in mechanical and/or electrical engineering including experience or formal training in a secondary trade skill (Mechanical or Electrical)
What you need to know
The closing date for this role is 6th September . We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
To find out more about PURINA please visit: www.purina.co.uk
Nestlé UK & I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.