Nestlé UK & Ireland
Customer Demand Planner – Supply Chain
Salary circa £33,000 depending on experience + potential bonus and fantastic benefits
We have a great opportunity for an individual to join the Purina Supply Chain team as a Customer Demand Planner .
Do you have experience of a dynamic fast paced supply chain environment? Do you have the ability to analyse and interpret data? Do you have the mind-set and initiative for continuous improvement? Then this could be the role you’re looking for.
At Nestlé PURINA Pet Care, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too. As a world leading company in pet care and nutrition, Nestlé PURINA has been helping pets live healthy, happy lives for over 85 years. We are proud to produce some of the UK’s best loved brands including FELIX® , WINALOT® , GO-CAT® , BAKERS® and BONIO , trusted and bought by millions of pet owners.
Our Gatwick office is easily accessible by train, bus, and car. We offer an attractive, open plan working environment with fantastic facilities including a state of the art fitness centre, free parking and excellent catering. We believe that pets and people are better together which is why our employees can bring their dogs to work at our Gatwick site.
What can you expect?
The purpose of the role is to create an accurate and timely forecast for all products across a set of customers.
With knowledge and a clear understanding of supply chain you will be able to accurately formulate weekly & monthly demand plans with the Sales teams and manage these in conjunction with the category demand planning and product supply team.
The Demand Planning Manager will support you in achieving these objectives, however you will be afforded a high degree of responsibility early on in this largely autonomous role. Therefore, an overriding desire to not only achieve KPIs but to exceed them will be critical for success.
Key responsibilities include:
· Production and ownership of a timely and accurate 12 month plus customer demand plan across a range of SKUs and customers
· Identification, quantification and incorporation of all factors and information relevant to the determination of an accurate forecast
· Development of relationships and collaborative planning processes with sales teams and external customers to support the forecasting process
· Successfully engaging cross functional input, to ensure high levels of planning accuracy, business delivery and customer service
· Playing a pivotal role within the monthly business process through planning ‘roadshows’ in conjunction with the sales team and ensuring weekly and monthly alignment of forecasts and highlighting gaps to target
Who are we looking for?
As the successful candidate, you will be of graduate calibre (or equivalent) and come from a supply chain background where you have worked in a similar role. If you have a forecasting or planning background within the FMCG sector, this would be an added advantage.
You will have the ability to plan ahead and meet deadlines and be able to achieve results and make an impact whilst building strong relationships with key stakeholders.
Other competencies required are:
· IT Literate with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
· Attention to detail
· Analytical skills
· Strong learning agility to adopt new tools and processes
· Continuous Improvement mind set
· Influencing skills
In return, the Supply Chain team will offer you all the support and guidance necessary to succeed. This is a great opportunity to work within a talented and dedicated team.
What you need to know
The closing date for this role is 14 th September 2018.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
To find out more about our Nestlé Purina brand, please visit https://www.purina.com/
Nestlé UK&I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.