Control Systems Engineer
Circa £30k + Benefits
We are looking for a Control Systems Engineer, based at our Purina factory in Sudbury, Suffolk. This role is days based and will give you a great opportunity to develop your skill set as well as sharing knowledge.
At Purina PetCare, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too.
In our Sudbury factory the 200 strong workforce produce some of the UK's most popular brands including Go-Cat, Bakers, Purina ONE, BETA and Pro Plan providing consumers with a product to meet their every need. And this ancient, bustling market town in the heart of the Stour valley is surrounded by countryside of outstanding natural beauty making Sudbury an idea place for animal lovers. Plus, there's the added advantage of London being a 45 minute train ride away from nearby Colchester.
Manufacturing in Nestlé is all about ensuring the consumer receives a perfect quality product, at the right time and place whilst driving losses from our business in order to maximise efficiency & productivity.
This is particularly critical as we continue our journey towards being a LEAN Enterprise. This is the biggest change in the way we work that Nestlé have ever seen. It's worldwide. It's exciting. You could play a key part in it.
What you can expect?
The Control Systems will provide support to the Manufacturing Execution Systems and the Factory Automation Systems (FAS).
Other responsibilities will include.
· Build, configure and test MES and FAS servers and clients, providing on-going “housekeeping) functions to systems.
· Provide support to higher-level automation systems and liaise with support contractors to resolve problems.
· Ensure systems and services are running at optimal efficiency.
· Undertake prescribed patching and updates in line with corporate policy.
· Document changes for future reference and learning.
· Work with external contractors to implement improvements and resolve issues.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with previous experience within Execution Systems with and an ability to learn quickly.
The role requires good computer and communication skills and the ability to demonstrate prioritisation and organisation.
Experience with a manufacturing background is vital to be successful in this role.
Other attributes would include:
· Experience and knowledge of lower level (PLC) and high level automation systems (Visual Basic, C++, Wonderware)
· Rockwell Automation suite of software (Factory Talk desirable, RS View, RSLogix)
· Experience of database fundamentals, writing scripts (SQLessential)
· Experience of installing software, testing and resolving conflicts between applications
· IT network knowledge (services and networking)
· Able to work with minimal supervision to deliver planned objectives (beyond initial period)
· Able to liaise with suppliers and contractors to deliver projects
What you need to know
The closing date for this role is 28th June 2018 . We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
To find out more about PURINA please visit: www.purina.co.uk
Nestlé UK & I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.