We are currently recruiting for Retail Cream Operatives at our Severnside site to work as part of a team and operate equipment, coordinating with other task areas. The role will involve the setup, monitoring and adjusting inter-related controls as the work progresses to regulate a number of variables to maintain specification. The successful candidate will monitor the product and this will include making regular quality checks/tests and recording results. You will also need to be flexible, have a strong team working ethic and be results driven.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
• To observe and promote a safe working environment to meet health and safety rules.
• Set up, changeover and operate equipment within standard operating procedures to achieve required outputs.
• Ensure that expected material requirements are in place, resolving materials shortages where possible, or flagging up problems, to contribute to the completion of the production plan using appropriate systems where necessary.
• Record operating data and carry out tests/inspections to monitor trends and make running adjustments such as reduction in complaints, wastage levels are reduced.
• Train, support and be involved in the assessments by providing feedback on other team members in both the use of specific pieces of equipment and in the completion of tasks, in own area of expertise.
• Understand and perform housekeeping and hygiene activities on the plant and surrounding work areas to meet required schedules and standards to ensure less retests, and minimal accidents.
• Plan and coordinate work activities and material requirements to ensure production continuity, improved efficiency, monitor yields and wastage.
• Carry out basic problem diagnosis and call for specialist assistance when required.
• Carry out scheduled asset care tasks and fault reporting to reduce downtime, wastage and increased efficiencies.
• Carry out the cleaning of machines and asset care to the defined procedures and schedules.
• Identify, communicate and implement opportunities for continuously improving working methods.
Key skills & experience:
• Basic Health and Safety and food hygiene.
• Basic IT skills to support Microsoft office packages and bespoke systems in-house.
• Problem solving skills.
• A good level of numeracy and literacy skills.
• Previous experience within product and materials.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at
Manufacturing, Operations & Production
31 August 2018