Müller is an entrepreneurial company where people love to work and make a difference. Our competitive advantage comes through driving value through innovation and brands, scale, operational excellence and building a high performing international organisation. By 2020, we aim to have significantly our turnover; in order to achieve this, we need leaders and technical experts to grow our business and market share.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for Packaging Technologist to join our dynamic UK Packaging Development Team for a fixed 12 month contract.
Based in our Shropshire head office you will be responsible for managing a number of NPD and Cost Optimisation projects within our 3 MYD (Müller Yogurt and Dessert) operations. In this you will provide packaging solutions for branded and own label products, supporting product range development as well as range extensions. Leading the development of packaging to have a competitive edge and enhanced supply chain performance, through continuous improvement programs.
The successful candidates will ideally have a good technical understanding of packaging materials and processes. Experience within food markets would be ideal but is not essential as training can be provided.
• Supporting the development of all packaging specifications to Brand and Private Label specifications/requirements
• Maintaining, planning and implementing production trials for NPD and cost saving initiatives.
• Ensuring projects are delivered in scope, on time and within budget.
• Supporting in the review of all existing material components, including the support, development and trialing of materials to improve production efficiencies and optimize cost savings
• Learning and gaining knowledge of technical developments and trends in packaging related processes.
• Maintain and develop effective supplier partnerships, keeping up to date with new developments with assigned material technologies.
• Ensure our packaging complies with all legal and regulatory legislation.
• Keep clear lines of communication open between the sites, other departments, suppliers and other business activities.
Key skills & experience
• Ideally educated to a Degree level, a packaging related qualification is most desirable.
• A background in FMCG packaging, manufacturing or quality roles.
• Ability to anticipate problems and suggest solutions, as well as understanding the consequences of any change on all aspects of the business.
• Good project management experience with excellent communication skills.
• Be flexible to travel within the UK and Europe.
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Full driving licence.
Müller pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful European business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
Packaging and R&D
24 August 2018