Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
The Commercial Finance department based in London looks after all the strategic planning and reporting for the EMEA region. The team is positioned in the commercial head office to support sound financial business decisions, interact with and optimize relationships across all departments with a focus on Retail, Ecommerce and Wholesale.
In addition the team works alongside their counterparts in corporate finance based in Manno, Switerland and Venlo, The Netherlands.
Who You Are:
A highly commercial, detail-oriented person with strong organization, communication and management skills, able to work well to deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
What You’ll Do:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Finance Analyst to join the Michael Kors Commercial Finance team.
You will support the Commercial Finance Manager with reporting and analysis on the European Retail business.
· Preparing reforecasts in conjunction with business partners for Retail
· Supporting Finance Manager with the annual budgeting process and subsequent iterations throughout the year for Retail
· Monthly P&L analysis on retail stores to support the month end financial close
· Monthly payroll analysis by store, monitoring costs and KPIs
· Produce month end packs incorporating all aspects for store performance, including variance analysis and providing value-adding commentary to explain movements
· Supporting the Finance Manage to host monthly goal review meetings with the Regional Directors and field team, highlighting focal areas and challenging actions
· Quarterly / monthly sales bonus plans for stores – own full process including presenting to Retail Directors and collating feedback from District Managers. Responsible for phasing of these plans down to weekly & daily level of detail
· Daily sales monitoring vs finance forecast and budget, presenting this weekly to the commercial team
· Weekly reporting on store sales and KPIs for distribution to key stakeholders
· Cost focus by preparing store cost center reports, presenting these to budget holders and dealing with any queries
· Providing analysis on store performance, KPI trends and profit to enable decision making by Senior Management
· Monthly commission and bonus calculations for store staff including liaising with Retail field team on any feedback required or queries they have
· Working closely with the senior Retail head office and field teams on ad hoc analysis to help drive business performance, including developing new employee incentive strategies
· Provide monthly, quarterly and ad hoc analysis to US Finance team
You’ll Need to Have:
· University Graduate or approx. 1 years’ experience
· CIMA/ACCA/ACA (Beginner or part qualified), study support provided
· Excellent knowledge of Excel
· Understand the fashion retail business in order to advise on opportunities for further business growth and operational excellence
· Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
· Strong communication skills in a cross-cultural environment. Ability to communicate with Finance and Non Finance customers
We’d Love to See:
· Team player with a positive 'can-do' attitude
· A commercially minded person
· An energetic and enthusiastic individual with a high sense of urgency
At Capri, we are all responsible for creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We try to inspire change and growth within each other and believe success is a result that comes from our differences. Capri is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. M/D/F/V