Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
Allocator- Retail Planning & Allocation
Michael Kors is looking for Allocators who will be responsible for the merchandise allocation of all product categories for a global retail business with the objective of meeting financial and merchandising goals. The Allocator will help to identify opportunities at a store level and communicate them to the team in order to drive business. Duties include replenishment to stores, management of warehouse inventory, and planning of stock packages for new season product launches. The allocators also partner with buying and planning team to ensure proper merchandise assortment by door and that the product arrives in the DC and stores at the optimum time. Strong analytical skills, creative problem solving skills and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment are a must.
• Manage inventory from initial allocation through end of life cycle of merchandise, including replenishment and consolidation of goods to other stores or channels.
• Manage overall store inventory levels based on store capacity, attributes, seasonality and selling curves. Monitor flow of initial assortments as well as reorders to stores by classification, delivery/group and by style whenever necessary.
• Identify and communicate sales opportunities and stock liabilities by door on a regular basis. Ensure that buy quantities and stock levels meet current sales trends and maximize readiness for key selling time periods.
• Ensure strong stock position by door on core, seasonal basics and item programs. Partner with the Buying team to maximize sales and profit by monitoring sales and stock penetrations on key programs as well as clearance and aging by door.
• Manage basic stock replenishment programs.
• Take ownership of warehouse inventory and aged inventory by door. Be aware and highlight any shipping issues that may affect business.
• Partner with Planner to recap business at by door level and create best seller/hindsight reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to allow for thorough analysis of the business. Communicate and champion needs of the stores.
• Establish strong relationships with buying/planning team and stores in order to better understand merchandising strategies and needs of the business. Visit stores at least once a month with the team
• Initiate and develop actionable analysis to recap business by classification and subclass at a store level in order to partner with planning and buying team to determine store attributes and create strategies to drive sales and achieve gross margin profitability by door.
• Recommend changes and/or enhancements to the current procedures and systems for the allocation and replenishment functions.
• Degree level education
• Computer Literate – Advanced Excel Skills required
• Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Ability to thrive in entrepreneurial environment
• Previous experience in the same field within Fashion Retail is preferable
• Passion for fashion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V