Description de l'offre
Metro Dynamics is an independent consultancy that provides strategic advice to those who lead, grow or invest in cities. We work with local government, local enterprise partnerships, and private sector investors and developers across the UK and internationally.
We are seeking to hire a talented Research Consultant to our Manchester office, someone with an interest in economics, policy and data analysis.
Research Consultants at Metro Dynamics can expect to be involved in:
• Supporting consultancy projects through researching specific topics and preparing draft information for internal use and for clients
• Undertaking data analysis and mapping of statistics
• Providing day-to-day support as required to the activities of the business
Candidates are expected to:
• have one to three years’ relevant working experience
• preferably have an economics background and be comfortable with a range of local economic policy issues
• have excellent written communication skills
• be able to demonstrate experience in statistics and analysing data and have good familiarity with Microsoft Excel
• be able to demonstrate interest and experience in topics relevant to our business
You would be based in our Manchester office. Salary is £25,000 to £28,000 depending upon previous experience. Research Consultants are expected to travel around the UK to support project work as required.
Closing date for applications is Friday 9th November 2018.
To apply please send a short CV (no more than two pages) and covering letter, with the subject line ‘Metro Dynamics Research Consultant’. In your covering letter, please explain why you would be suitable for this role, and tell us when you would be available to start if concerned from when you would be available.
Please note that applications submitted without a covering letter will not be considered. We expect to hold interviews for this position in the week commencing 19 November 2018.
Please note: all applicants must have the relevant permissions to work in the UK on a permanent basis.
Experience of using GIS software (ArcGIS / QGIS), experience of relevant statistics packages (STATA, etc.), and / or understanding of data analytics tools / languages (e.g. R) would be beneficial but is not essential.