COMPANY: Merisant UK
Merisant markets and manufactures artificial and natural zero
- and reduced-calorie sweeteners under its flagship brands Equal®, Canderel®, and Pure Via®, along with several other brands, distributed in more than 90 countries.
Merisant Company with Mafco Worldwide Corporation are two operating units attached to Flavors Holding inc. http://www.macandrewsandforbes.com
REPORTS TO: Marketing Manager UK and Ireland
The Brand Manager is an essential member of the Merisant’s marketing team.
The Brand Manager develops and executes strong in market plan to drive sales and shares with their in-depth knowledge of the market. As the Brand Manager, you will work closely with other team members and report directly in to the Marketing Manager UK and Ireland.
This role is a comprehensive Marketing Operations Management role, with the ability to adapt to different tasks and deliver with excellent executional skills. With this in mind you should be self-driven and thrive on problem solving.
The Brand Manager will assist the Marketing Manager in the execution of the global strategy for Canderel and Whole Earth Sweetener Co. delivering marketing plans for the brand and will contribute to all cross-functional actions related to consumers and trade and be responsible to drive the digital and social activities to completion.
The Brand Manager will be the owner of the e-commerce channels and work closely to the global team and sales team to develop and implement the e-commerce strategy for the UK and Ireland.
The Brand Manager is the go-to member of the team for expertise of the market and the category. As representative of the brand leader, the Brand Manager will demonstrate excellent knowledge of market dynamics.
- Providing insights, analyses and recommendations on a monthly basis on how to drive the business forward for both UK and Ireland to be presented to Marketing Manager.
- Be the point of contact for Nielsen and deliver monthly dashboard and quarterly reviews to be presented to the business.
- Building expertise and understanding of shopper behaviors within our categories to work collaboratively with our retail partners, develop growth recommendations (range, space, pricing and promotions) and create fact-based compelling sell-in stories for NPD and Merisant’s initiatives.
- As the e-commerce channel owner, own forecasting and deliver sales targets for the e-commerce channel.
- Execute NPD launch plans from idea conception to launch on the market including preparation of P&Ls, recommendation on pricing and working closely with R&D and legal team.
- Identify opportunities to expand in new categories, put together market audits and recommendations to be submitted to global team.
- Work with global team in the adaptation of local packaging and local digital and in store campaigns.
- Execute BTL plan including sampling, in store activation to drive sales with key ROI measures.
- Be responsible for the local digital execution, e-commerce and support the Marketing Manager in the development of digital campaigns.
- Be responsible for measurement of activity’s results and recommendation on optimization.
- Manage 3rd party agencies (design and digital agencies) from brief to execution.
- Be the key interface with all other internal teams (supply chain, commercial, finance etc) to drive strong brand performance in the country.
- Work closely with the sales team to grow the distributor and food service channel and develop any material needed to do so.
- Under supervision of the Marketing Manager, manage independently the relationship with the Irish team (one BM and one Category Manager), including the budget, planning and implementation of the marketing plan.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Nielsen and ability to transform data analysis into recommendations and action plans, business priorities.
- Proven experience developing, leading and implementing e-commerce strategy.
- Experience in e-Merchandising to drive discoverability.
- Experience developing content to enhance the digital shelf and drive conversion.
- Marketing knowledge of digital and social.
- Excellent project management and follow-through skills.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good FMCG and retail knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel and PowerPoint
- 100% self-motivated, independent and team-oriented attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills and good team player
- capable of working with cross functional team.
- Multi-tasking and prioritising work load, to deliver activities on time and in budget.
- Strong communications and presentations skills.
- Flexible approach to people, projects and assignments.
- Adaptable and able to be operational quickly.
- Dynamic and passionate about brand, food and marketing.
- Entrepreneurial and results driven.
- Able to work with counterparts remotely and in a small office environment.
- Capable of managing upwards.
- Be resilient with high level of energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to go the extra mile.
Experience & Education
- In Operational Marketing and Brand Management. Category Management and Sales experience are welcome.
- Experience in e-commerce strategy and implementation
- Experience in project management.
- Bachelor degree in Business Studies or equivalent.
- Fluency in English is essential
This is a great opportunity