Description de l'offre
McKay Research is an independent market intelligence business with a growing portfolio of clients across multiple industries. Our approach is garnered from extensive experience in varied, but interconnected sectors, allowing for a unique ability to connect the trend dots both within and between markets.
We’re looking for a content writer to assist with the production analysis pieces for the company website on a volunteer/work experience basis.
Working to brand guidelines, and using your understanding of economics, consumer and financial trends, you will be required to craft well-written, succinct, and illuminating analysis pieces across multiple sectors including pharmaceuticals, commodities, capital markets, and FMCG.
This position would ideally suit a Master's student in either an economics or journalism/research related discipline looking to develop their experience in secondary research, analysis, and content production.
Please note that this is not an office-based position.
- Opportunity to work with an experienced consultant
- Opportunity to hone research skills
- Develop critical thinking and analysis skills
- Flexible, autonomous work
- No long term tie-ins, commitment on a per project/article basis
• Intellectually curious
• Have good general knowledge
• Passionate about writing original, insightful content
• Passionate about economics, markets and investment
• Personable with top communication skills
• Reliable, dependable, and punctual
• A very high standard of written and spoken english
• The ability to think critically
• Knowledge and curiosity of key macroeconomic trends
• Financial literacy and the ability to talk economic data and statistics
• Ability to explain technical, complicated subjects in a simple way
• An understanding of at least one or more of the following: capital markets, commodities, pharmaceuticals, FMCG, cryptocurrencies
• The ability to work independently
• The ability to work quickly and to deadlines
• Undergraduate degree in economics, business, finance or related subject
• In the process of completing a Masters and/or gaining work experience in one of the aforementioned sectors
• Previous research and writing experience is essential