Customer Development Manager
Mars Food UK
Field Based, with access to Waltham
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Thsi role will be pivotal in ensuring the success of the Mars Food UK business and the Mars Food Tribe as a whole. You will work as a member close, highly collaborative and fast growing Limited Assortment customer development team to develop both the customer and yourself as an individual.
· The Customer Development Manager is responsible for achieving profitable sales and category growth within an agreed TE budget with assigned customers
· This role is expected to create and execute customer plans that deliver company and customer objectives and advance category leadership.
· The role ensures strong customer relationships and influence at customer head office to implement solutions (to include but not limited to sales revenue, trade revenue optimisation, customer profitability, category growth, category leadership, product range, new product launches, placement and pricing) throughout the chain that deliver mutually beneficial results for the customer and company.
· The role is required to execute all agreed to solutions with the customer to include accurate, timely forecasting, detailed follow through and efficient trade revenue optimisation to an agreed budget.
· The role is responsible for developing and leveraging internal relationships with key internal functions such as finance, accounts receivable, category, customer marketing, demand planning and commercial support.
· The role is also responsible for the volume and financial forecast delivered through MPW / Mercury as part of the S&OP+ demand cycle
The key function of this role is to drive profitable NSV growth within allocated customer(s). The role will be fully P&L responsible and involve managing all dimensions of the customer relationships internally and externally, including owning stakeholder relationships within customers. The role will be an important part of fulfilling the Mars Food customer strategy going forward.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Computer literate
· Full driving license essential
· Flexibility and willingness to travel as required
· Sales experience that include selling, negotiating and leveraging insights to deliver customized customer plans, achieving company and customer objectives - desirable
· Customer experience with direct customers delivering solutions covering products, placement, promotions and / or pricing – desirable
· Customer facing experience demonstrated by ability to assess needs, propose mutually beneficial solutions, overcome objections, handle tough situations, manage conflict and close sale to maximize mutual value – desirable
In return we offer:
Great career progression
Range of in-house training
Competitive salary, bonus and range of large company benefits
We know it's important to you to find out as much about us as possible, so following a review of your CV the first stage will be a telephone interview with the hiring manager and a chance for you to ask lots of questions. If successful, you will be invited to an interview day. Don't worry we will give you plenty of time to prepare.
To open up a dialogue, please click on the APPLY button below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date: 6th September 2019
Job Segment: Accounts Receivable, Finance